How do you organise your diary?

Treeman123

Might sound like a silly question....... Do you book every day in the dairy months ahead or do you tell the customer which week then ring the up with a day depending on weather etc?

I am usually booked 8 weeks ahead, but is very annoying and messes everything up when weather does not play ball. Seems hard to re arrange all again!

Cheers Guys

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In answer to your thread title…… not very well :blushing:

I almost never give people a date. Usually just a rough idea such as "sometime in August" and tell them I'll ring the night before to check the following day is convenient.

I also tell them to feel free to chase me up if I don't ring them within the time frame I mention.

I almost never give people a date. Usually just a rough idea such as "sometime in August" and tell them I'll ring the night before to check the following day is convenient.

I also tell them to feel free to chase me up if I don't ring them within the time frame I mention.

This is the British Standard of diary keeping . We always use this method . :001_smile:

I give the customer an idea of when I hope to do the job but also explain that weather and other circumstances can have a knock on effect- so I say I will firm up nearer the time- usually give them at least a couple days notice, I put aside days where I don't book anything in, that way it allows leeway if a job overruns and if I finish on time I use that day to either fit a little job in or do kit maintenance etc.

In my experience if I book 4 days a week the 5th always get filled in one form or another- quoting/ job gets extended or maintenace

Every day booked in including tpo trees I think likely to get permission.. I try to keep a bit of space in the the diary for when it goes pear shaped or when you have sickness. I try not to overbook.. But it's difficult. . Especially if someone is sick or something screws up my plans...

Book it in as soon as possible, firm date, then I can schedule extra workers/grab lorry as early as possible.

Try and keep some easy jobs jangling around in my diary that can be done anytime, use those to fill in if we finish ahead of schedule or it's terrible weather and a large job can't be done.

Same here. I find the weather up here plays an important role in organising my workload. If it's too bad, I simply don't work. You can't predict the weather, hence its a call to customers over the previous weekend or the night before.