Husqvarna 135 16" bar/chain

Rob74

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I'll elaborate, I had one when I was starting off and it was a a pile of sh*t. Tool less tensioner, broke, had to put a standard side cover on, more grunt in a pig, horrible to start, dogs came lose and snagged in the chain ripping the plastics allowing oil to leak out.

All in all not a good experience, needless to say I haven't bought a husky chainsaw since. It's th orange and white for me now.

Sent from my XT1580 using Arbtalk mobile app

Sorry, I'll elaborate, I had one when I was starting off and it was a a pile of sh*t. Tool less tensioner, broke, had to put a standard side cover on, more grunt in a pig, horrible to start, dogs came lose and snagged in the chain ripping the plastics allowing oil to leak out.

All in all not a good experience, needless to say I haven't bought a husky chainsaw since. It's th orange and white for me now.

Yea all valid but its not a pro machine is it . Its a toy / home owner jobbie .

Ive had mine 18 months & have only used mine for firewood but I've had no issues at all with the starting/running, nothing has come loose & as for tool less chain tensioner I'm guessing they changed that as it's a screw on the side of the brake cover.

Not a pro at all but does what I need at an affordable price.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

All in all not a good experience, needless to say I haven't bought a husky chainsaw since. It's the orange and white for me now.

135 was not toolless, that was 135e. I've had a 135 for 4 years now and it's lasted better than my friend's Stihl 181 bought at the same time. Mine does get regular maintenance and cleaning though. I use a Stihl as well and a Chinese top handle just don't feel or understand the need to slag other makes. If anything comes loose on mine it gets tightened up not used to destruction.

Edited by peatff

Just out of interest what saw would you guys recommend for an upgrade from the 135?

I'm not really needing to but its always nice to keep an eye out for a bargain.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Tell us what its to be tasked with and how often ......:001_smile: