Is arboriculture agriculture

redmoosefaction

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many of those who aspire to be professionals have NPTC, PPE , LOLER, Firstaid at work, Mot and road rent , Public Liability and Employers Insurance, Tax and National Insurance, PAYE , CIS etc...

...and haul waste without a licence then pile their arisings in fields and yards without planning permission or exemption certificates?

Being professional is about all the job not the bits you want to pick and choose.

How many of those who aspire to be professionals have NPTC, PPE , LOLER, Firstaid at work, Mot and road rent , Public Liability and Employers Insurance, Tax and National Insurance, PAYE , CIS etc...

...and haul waste without a licence then pile their arisings in fields and yards without planning permission or exemption certificates?

Being professional is about all the job not the bits you want to pick and choose.

Some truth there but I'm sick of doing everything by the book and to the letter and not getting anywhere because the "enforcement" of all the rules, regulations and legallities are only enforced on those that are doing things right.

We have to price jobs to cover all these factors, and then along comes Gypo joe who'll do it for next to nowt and tip where the f@ck he pleases, normally a layby or the entrance to my yard.

They get away with it time after time after time.

There is a reason for all the above,what is the reason for a waste carriers licence?

Also most of the above applie to me,but i DON'T CARRY WASTE so i don't need one.

Compared to the rest of the requirements we have, a waste transfer licence is simple and easily aquired.

I think there comes a time when enough is enough, I honestly cannot see the reasoning behind the license in our case, yes for chemicals and hazardous waste, but for christ sake, logs!!

What will be next.

I think I'm with Skyhuck on this one (for a change) i'll go to court first and let them prove it is waste.

I'll get legal cover on my insurance.

I can feel a test case coming up.

Still dont see it, can understand the rest of the legislation we're forced to swallow/pay for, but not this one. In the name of professionalism, how many more bitter pills do we have to suffer?? The costs have to be passed onto the client, they'll cut down on the amount of work they have done, and we all suffer, things are tight enough already.