Is arboriculture agriculture

redmoosefaction

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometime you can try 3a. fell another tree on the leaner, see if you can knock it out - although if it fails, this can cause slight problems with no 4.

Old fatty tried that plan on a FC thinning of tall larch, he had a wigwam of 3 cut and hung up trees all in a bunch, the district harvesting manager appeared on site in time to see fatty felling the tree that supported the 3 others, two where not marked for thinning and fatty also had no PPE trousers on that morning.

The trees hit the dack and fatty was sent home for the day!

Does this statement mean anything?

"The law says that waste is any substance or object that has been discarded, is required to be discarded or is intended to be discarded. The word ‘discarded’ has a broad meaning and includes those things that are going to be recycled or recovered. In fact you can only recycle something that is waste.

If you are handling materials that have been or are to be discarded you should assume you are dealing with waste. There are some exceptions to this but even if you are doing something useful with it or it is valuable, you can still be handling waste."

right there in section 1

that seems clear.

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/subjects/waste/1416460/1334460/?lang=_e

Even if you only move recyclable materials you need exemption certificates to store and process the material.

Regarding transportation.

When you remove a tree or a branch from a customers garden you are disposing of their waste and must have a carriers license, if they took their own waste to the tip they do not need to have a license.

http://www.netregs.gov.uk/netregs/275207/276315/1615426/?lang=_e

I would find it hard to believe that thoes with council contracts do not have a license to carry waste.

We need a poll on this steve. Who has and who has not got a waste carriage license.

I'm sure I saw a thing where the council are exempt. Brilliant!

• 5 months later...

i know i'm a bit late with my tuppence worth here but as douglas bader was told by his CO "rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men" so i suppose that rules out most local authorities and the government doesn't it?:001_unsure: