ABC/ RFS Level 2 help

Proe

Hello any help here would be greatly appreciated from people who are currently doing it or have completed it all ready, please throw in your two cents.

I have been in the industry for a couple of years now, I am capable at climbing and looking to further my knowledge of the industry. I was looking at the level 2 rfs course, I see there are a number of places that do it (myers, hcc). I am looking to do it purely online as I stay in Scotland and sub contract my weeks out.

Sorry if this has been posted about but i could only find very old info through the search function.

Cheers

I did my Level 2 RFS cert arb with the Horticultural Correspondence College online a few years ago before doing my level 4. It was all done via email and you completed the assignments and emailed back. There wasn't a massive amount of support from them, but then again it is at a fairly low level

I did my Level 4 with The Training Tree and the support was second to none, they are much better and more supportive. I believe that they offer the Level 2 online so may be worth checking.

For the level 2 you may find it beneficial to buy some of the books on the reading list, although a lot of what is required is available online and via the portfolio that they give you.

I believe there is a group set up on Facebook from some guys on here, somebody may be able to advise how to find this.

Feel free to ask any questions about the assignments/ workload/content

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

If you're committed to the idea of studying, then I'd go for the level four. There is usually an element of the course that assumes a level of knowledge, but that level of knowledge is normally re-visited on a level four course. Contact learning providers and talk to them. It may be that level 2 is what you should be doing, conversely, You could aim higher.

Cheers guys, I haven't studied in a while but i have done to a uni standard in engineering so could dust off the cobwebs. Would you say you could go straight to the level 4 without doing the level 2? I have a good bit of practical experience but very limited knowledge on biology, disease and that side of things. Myerscough says its a year online for either course. Again any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also jay smith with tree life was attendance required or could you do everything through distance learning?

I did the level 4 through The Training Tree, this involved attending around 20 sessions over the course of the year. They also offer the course as distance learning as well. Well worth a call to them to discuss things and where they recommend you start. Personally I found the level 2 with HCC a good warm up for the level 4, I already had a level 2 but it was about four years since I had done any studying so decided to do the RFS cert Arb before diving into the L4. I did the L2 with HCC in around 7 months

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk