7.5 ton iveco with forst st8

nailer

thinking about it, the chipper was more like 2.5 ton, but yes, filled to the rafters, still well overloaded, when plated as 7.5 ton.

As it's essentially the same truck as a 10 ton maybe it should be up-plated to 10.

Nick Bailey Manchester Tree Surgeons - tree surgery, tree pruning and tree felling

I'm currently considering my options regarding 7.5, 12, 18 ton etc and it would appear that if you fill those bodies more than half way you will be overloaded. Rendering the whole thing useless if the reason to run 7.5ton and up is to stay legal with more chip capacity.

I'm currently considering my options regarding 7.5, 12, 18 ton etc and it would appear that if you fill those bodies more than half way you will be overloaded. Rendering the whole thing useless if the reason to run 7.5ton and up is to stay legal with more chip capacity.

Iveco 6.5t crewcab tippers have 7 seats and can carry 3.5t payload + chipper.

This is the best option for us.

Timon.

What was the cost of the truck and body Nick?

After a quick skim on ebay, i can't understand why more people don't have them!

Certainly wish 7,5 tonners were more common here, especially at UK prices!

I guess many would have nowhere to park it and/or can't/don't want an Olicense ?

After a quick skim on ebay, i can't understand why more people don't have them!!

We came to the conclusion the 6-7.5 tonners were very good value when compared to the 3.5 ton trucks.. And much more suitable for tree work.

Our 6.5 ton Iveco has been a really good truck and is difficult to overload...

The plan was to get another of those, but saw a low mileage 7.5 tonner built, local and ready to go so thought we would try that.

The biggest issue is driver licencing as the guys need to have C1+E. Which assuming they pass first time is costing us about £1700 a driver..

We came to the conclusion the 6-7.5 tonners were very good value when compared to the 3.5 ton trucks.. And much more suitable for tree work.

Our 6.5 ton Iveco has been a really good truck and is difficult to overload...

The plan was to get another of those, but saw a low mileage 7.5 tonner built, local and ready to go so thought we would try that.

The biggest issue is driver licencing as the guys need to have C1+E. Which assuming they pass first time is costing us about £1700 a driver..

How much is the the training and test?

Last time I looked it was going to cost us £3200 per driver we need to put 4 through

How much is the the training and test?

Last time I looked it was going to cost us £3200 per driver we need to put 4 through

We currently have 2 guys in the process:

7 days total: cost £1,775 (including VAT) including the medicals etc..

But. the wait to get licences back has meant we have been waiting a couple of months now with very little actually happening... So if you are planning a truck start the training in good time..

We currently have 2 guys in the process:

7 days total: cost £1,775 (including VAT) including the medicals etc..

But. the wait to get licences back has meant we have been waiting a couple of months now with very little actually happening... So if you are planning a truck start the training in good time..

We already have the Unimogs on Ag just sick of the grey area and want to move to white and opl.

When it comes to cost I try to look at true cost to the company, loss of earnings/wages whilst the employee is on the course hence why it will cost us £3200 per employee. Which sounds a lot bit of course you have to look at the benefit it will then bring.