TimberPro 26cc Top Handle

Mark Wileman

Please go easy on me!

I have my CS39 next week and my 435 is at the dealers getting fixed and my only other option is a half reliable 038... to that end I decided (as funds are a bit tight at the moment) to risk it on one of these chinese top-handles.

A mate of mine bought one for his CS39 assessment because of a similar reason, that was 6 months ago and he says the thing is brilliant. Of course he isn't using it half as much as blokes that trash their mainstream top handles.... but for £100?

So this post is twofold, firstly: Does anyone have one of these saws, if so whats your opinion and any tips for getting them running better, other than swapping out the bar and chain.

Secondly: In about a week I'll let you all know how the little beast has ran, this might even turn into a "The wee chinese saw club!".

I'll caviate (?) the above with this is not my long term solution to needing a top-handled chainsaw, but I do plan to use this saw to practice modding/rebuilding etc.. as it's cheap enough for it not to be the end of the world if I do something irreparable to it!

Stay safe!

I bought a Chinese top handle for a one off job a few (4 I think) years ago. I put a carb kit in it this year as it was acting up and it seems fine again now and it is getting Aspen instead of 25:1 mix which it says in the instructions. It's not the Timberpro it was a cheaper version but it looks identical. I used it a couple of weeks ago and it fired up third or fourth pull after standing for a while.

Well all good so far! Started up straight out the box and been cutting all day with it on my CS39 today. Chain has jammed a couple of times (acts like the brake is on when it isn't) so I had to just drag the bar over a branch to manually move the chain and then it was fine, I think that might be more to do with the cheap bar/chain supplied with it rather than the clutch system.

The choke is pretty fragile, I don't think it could take a knock.

The on/off switch is annoying close to where I put my thumb when pulling the chain brake too so I've turned it off accidentally a couple of times.

Either way I'm impressed for 80 bucks, I'd definitely recommend it to someone as a back-up saw or someone starting out like I am.

not a top handle but a lot of saw for little money...........

HUSQVARNA PETROL CHAINSAW - MODEL 395XP, SPARE OR REPAIR, 18" BAR | eBay

If that's a Husqvarna my c**k's a kipper :001_rolleyes: It's not even a good copy.If the bar and chain are good it's about reached it's price there.

[ame]

[/ame] Edited by peatff