What top handle saw?

Nathanzac

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. He said I thought they only made disc cutters. I replied there's another company making chainsaws. Their full name is " Stihl not working properly " but we call them Stihl for short :lol:

He replied " I thought you chainsaw boys were on good money, why don't you spend a bit more and buy some Huskys " :lol::lol:

I had a good laugh when I saw the Husqy commercial in ISA Arborist news a while back. "STILL Frustrated? Get The Husqvarna T536LI XP"

STILL in bold letters and Stihl orange.

I had a good laugh when I saw the Husqy commercial in ISA Arborist news a while back. "STILL Frustrated? Get The Husqvarna T536LI XP"

STILL in bold letters and Stihl orange.

Cheers Ferguson that can definitely go on the list :-

Stihl not working properly

Stihl in the work shop

Stihl keep on picking up the Husky I see

Stihl reckon they are the best then ?

Stihl it's better than a handsaw I suppose

Stihl better than nothing

Stihl at least you got a free cap

Stihl remember the good old days when they were made them out of metal

STIHL FRUSTRATED

:thumbup::thumbup:

the one thing about stihl is that there number system is easy to understand while the huskys are a bit random

a man that fixes saws says husky stihl and the old jonsered are good any saw that costs a bit to buy, as these will still start in twenty years, while the cheaper crap wont, and pointed to a Chinese caw that packed up after 2 days

the one thing about stihl is that there number system is easy to understand while the huskys are a bit random

OK . Husqvarna 395 = 3 series saw 95cc

Husqvarnas 372 = 3 series saw 72cc ( cc is approximate )

Stihl 661 = 91cc

Stilh 441 = 70cc How random is that ? :biggrin:

Edited by Stubby

Does anybody know if its cheaper to buy saws/equipment in mainland Europe? I'm driving to France in August and not sure if I should wait for any more kit I will need

If you are going to Spain a Stihl 201T will cost you €739 you can usually get 15% discount which will bring it down to €629. At today's rate will cost you £553. Honey's or Jonesy will cost you £550!

Last year before Brexit it would have cost £490! But don't get me into that argument.

Also in Spain you can get Stihl 193T which after all the calculations will cost £275 or a 150T-CE for £315.

So unless you want a 193 which is not available in the U.K. There is not much in it.

Martyn

a man that fixes saws says husky stihl and the old jonsered are good any saw that costs a bit to buy, as these will still start in twenty years, while the cheaper crap wont, and pointed to a Chinese caw that packed up after 2 days

I fancied an 80cc saw and I see Stihl has got one it's called the 181. Result it only cost £180 squid and smaller than a 50p piece. Can't wait to use it tomorrow chogging down a giant red cedar :thumbup: