New sub 750kg Forst

Mick Dempsey

Tink Terry Holland of TH Tree Services has just bought one of these petrol Forsts, he ran it back to back against a GM Quadchip (diesel) and it beat it hands down! Which disappointed me as i'm considering a GM Quadchip.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 21 July 2017 at 13:41, wicklamulla said:

Tink Terry Holland of TH Tree Services has just bought one of these petrol Forsts, he ran it back to back against a GM Quadchip (diesel) and it beat it hands down! Which disappointed me as i'm considering a GM Quadchip.

I did have a demo of the forst st6p, yes it did appear faster than my current QC, the entire team and one of our subbies witnessed it and all agreed it was noticeably faster. 

I have ordered one and it arrives imminently.

I will say my QC has been an excellent and reliable chipper.

Reasons I changed:

Potential emission changes, out of warrenty, QC threw chip all over the road at most angles of spout, appeared slower.

But the QC is a turntable and the best one bar none!. It has huge plus points, you can read on my blog on my site. 

I may regret the change, who knows, I will say GM have been the best regarding warranty and service, a lot for Forst to match, but a 3 year warranty and Kenny who is too easy to talk with gives me confidence.

I really wanted to demo the GM equivalent but it was not available for weeks, Forst offered the first 100 at £1000 off which equates to £1200 so time was short. 

One thing is certain, I enjoy reviewing my toys and will be honest, if it's the belter I think it is, you will know :).

like my page or follow us on YouTube to see the future report. 

I do highly recommend the QC but I wanted a smaller machine for my guys. Saying all this GM may be doing a QC200 so it never ends 

• Like 1

On 6 September 2017 at 16:54, THtreeservices said:

I did have a demo of the forst st6p, yes it did appear faster than my current QC, the entire team and one of our subbies witnessed it and all agreed it was noticeably faster. 

I have ordered one and it arrives imminently.

I will say my QC has been an excellent and reliable chipper.

Reasons I changed:

Potential emission changes, out of warrenty, QC threw chip all over the road at most angles of spout, appeared slower.

But the QC is a turntable and the best one bar none!. It has huge plus points, you can read on my blog on my site. 

I may regret the change, who knows, I will say GM have been the best regarding warranty and service, a lot for Forst to match, but a 3 year warranty and Kenny who is too easy to talk with gives me confidence.

I really wanted to demo the GM equivalent but it was not available for weeks, Forst offered the first 100 at £1000 off which equates to £1200 so time was short. 

One thing is certain, I enjoy reviewing my toys and will be honest, if it's the belter I think it is, you will know :).

like my page or follow us on YouTube to see the future report. 

I do highly recommend the QC but I wanted a smaller machine for my guys. Saying all this GM may be doing a QC200 so it never ends 

i wont be getting one now, misunderstanding ill chalk it down to.. 

• Like 1

On 14/09/2017 at 21:42, Gray git said:

Isn't your quad chip advertised on redwoods site though?
Almost though about seeing if you fancy doing a deal against a st8... emoji6.png

I am not aware it was tbh, Redwood have offered me a better deal. The only reason i am not getting a GM is because their equivalent imo is not equal for various reasons. When they bring the QC200 out who knows.

Jase recently helped me with some of my issues and i am a massive GM fan, their customer service has been dependable many times. As i say, right now i am bothered about the potential emission problems, the ST6P meets my requirements more then the GM petrol. What can i do if not remain honest.

I love my GM QC but its 2 year old tech, i like updating so getting another for me is not moving forward. Julian tells me within 24 months the new one which will meet future regs will be out. But it will also be compared against what ever forst, TW etc offer. I say again, the QC is the best TT chipper, i have had 2 good years with it.

I go for the machine i think will best suit the next 2-3 years of my operations.

• 3 weeks later...