Courant harness bridge fail

Andymacp

No excessive or unusual movements or stresses during the morning?

Checked pre-start etc??

That's pretty scary!

Pretty scary!

I'd be more than a little concerned if that bridge had gone from no discernible wear to that by lunchtime. ( saw accidents aside)

What diameter is the actual bridge - it looks pretty slim.

I've damaged prussic loops and eye-to-eyes by very rapid descents, but that's an obvious cause, can't offer any explanation if it hasn't been nicked and the rings okay except what about the carabiner that's connected to the ring?

Was the stress still on the bridge rather than the back-up tape strop during the remainder of the day? Did it get noticeably worse?

Pretty brave call posting the pic of the back-up system. Job needs doing and no doubt it's safe but publishing it is another issue maybe (i'd likely have done the same but maybe thought twice about telling anyone.)

If the bridge had snapped-out and it went to the tape sling, that tiny little ½ inch movement would have given you some adrenaline hit!! :laugh1:

I was lookin at that harness on the skyland website awhile back.Kinda annoyed at the treemotion,everytime you put a 441 on it-it starts saggin.

I wont even conscider gettin the courant now..fook that

I know what you mean with t/m. Could try the shoulder straps if using big saws a lot, I personally can't arsed and just grumble a lot, but that could just be an age thing

Was the stress still on the bridge rather than the back-up tape strop during the remainder of the day? Did it get noticeably worse?

Pretty brave call posting the pic of the back-up system. Job needs doing and no doubt it's safe but publishing it is another issue maybe (i'd likely have done the same but maybe thought twice about telling anyone.)

If the bridge had snapped-out and it went to the tape sling, that tiny little ½ inch movement would have given you some adrenaline hit!! :laugh1:

Yeah the stress was on the old bridge and no noticeable difference.

To be fair that back up setup looks considerable stronger than the bailer twine bridge

Yeah that's the usual claim from manufactures " you must have been using it wrong or in a way unintended". No just normal climbing. [ATTACH]221472[/ATTACH]

I've backed it up with a tape slung to finish today but all the pressure is on those bits of string and there still holding to be fair

Nice repaire.like yr thinkig.:thumbup1: