Steel Viper. UK Morbark Dealership

David Harper

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

People will only copy a good product I guess & it's nice to help. Why would you need my knowledge if you say you have already built & sold machines? Why not post some photos of CE machines with specs so all can see what the competition is instead of American brochure pics.

People will only copy a good product I guess & it's nice to help. Why would you need my knowledge if you say you have already built & sold machines? Why not post some photos of CE machines with specs so all can see what the competition is instead of American brochure pics.

a7cb095295af05dfc04d8cf091ba2053.jpg

This little baby is ready for the boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

a7cb095295af05dfc04d8cf091ba2053.jpg

This little baby is ready for the boat.

Sorry David, but that's still not ready for UK roads, how much does that preperation cost?

It's interesting that Vermeer are not really interestedly in supplying their 15" plus machines to the UK anymore.

We have one of the last 20" machines which weighs about 7.5ton it is type approved, the requirements for type approval changed I believe after 2014.

Competition is a good thing and the Morbark product is a good one, so is the Carlton, Vermeer as is the Bandit all nice robust machines.

The Global team had a major headache with our machine getting it through type approval - parts of me just wanted it without all the compliance because we run under Ag and well with Ag you can get away with Murder literally.

Global did the right thing by doing it right, this takes a lot of work so it's only fair the competition does the same.

Sorry David, but that's still not ready for UK roads, how much does that preperation cost?

It's interesting that Vermeer are not really interestedly in supplying their 15" plus machines to the UK anymore.

We have one of the last 20" machines which weighs about 7.5ton it is type approved, the requirements for type approval changed I believe after 2014.

Competition is a good thing and the Morbark product is a good one, so is the Carlton, Vermeer as is the Bandit all nice robust machines.

The Global team had a major headache with our machine getting it through type approval - parts of me just wanted it without all the compliance because we run under Ag and well with Ag you can get away with Murder literally.

Global did the right thing by doing it right, this takes a lot of work so it's only fair the competition does the same.

Very true Marc. Yes we have to do a lot of the spec work ourselves. Crash bars and new lights etc but this machine is going to be fully spec'd up by the time we are done. It's getting remounted on to a UK trailer with a 360 rack on it so that does away with most of the road regs and also makes it a more versatile machine. Also we are trying to swallow the cost ourselves so that the price the customer gets quoted will be how much he pays.

We are all out here just trying to make a living and Steel Viper really want to provide a good service for Arb and Biomass so we will be trying our hardest to do so.

Snide comments from other members doesn't help anyone.

All the best and have a great weekend folks

Competition is healthy David and it would be good for UK industry to see other products to choose from and I am excited to see it.

For what it's worth the class of machine we have now the Bandit would be the only choice for us, looking to the future though I'd never rule out a Morbark and as a customer want the choice. The boxxer machines look good also and we are looking for one of those soon.

Problem is I need everything and I need it now Want our 20" on tracks, an excavator with ALL the attachments to feed it, and truck and trailer to tow it all.

In the meantime here is a link of August Hunicke feeding his Morbark

Competition is healthy David and it would be good for UK industry to see other products to choose from and I am excited to see it.

For what it's worth the class of machine we have now the Bandit would be the only choice for us, looking to the future though I'd never rule out a Morbark and as a customer want the choice. The boxxer machines look good also and we are looking for one of those soon.

Problem is I need everything and I need it now Want our 20" on tracks, an excavator with ALL the attachments to feed it, and truck and trailer to tow it all.

In the meantime here is a link of August Hunicke feeding his Morbark

Well here's to the future. I'm aware we aren't where Bandit are or even near but the future is bright. When I get machines here and through CE approval I'll make sure to share it with all of you lot.

[emoji1360]