Steel Viper. UK Morbark Dealership

David Harper

3000HR Service of a dpf if used hard with decent fuel would be good but small chippers average a hour a day in short bursts. The local LA contractor recently did some stuff on the green space behind my house - they started that thing 8 times and did a total of 30 minutes of chipping which would shorten the life of any dpf! Even if it lasted 3000 hours, a grand on a ten year old machine would be hard to swallow......My local MOT tester has been instructed to look for tampered devices and fail if they show signs of interference - he has been told that it will not be long before the dpf in your car/van will need to be changed at £1,000plus every couple of years and that is not for environmental considerations but margins for dealers/manufacturers.

I would expect DPF's to last more than a couple of years, it's more about being able to monitor soot build up and adjust the running of the machine to suit - we currently have one in our Bandit which has on board diagnostics to allow us to monitor soot levels and if required force a regen.

Also as this type of installation becomes more common the technology will improve becoming more robust and reliable.

And if £1000 every 24 months which equals roughly £10 a week becomes hard to stomach then I'm not sure what to say about that.

My old Diesel 4x4 had an early DPF I covered 180k without issue. Commercial vehicles are covering half a million miles with this technology fitted without issue. Most of the reason domestic diesel cars are encountering problems is owners being ill informed of their purchasing decisions.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Would Morbark really change how they build machinery for a dozen units sold per year throughout Europe? Would they get away from the hundreds that they sell a year in the Americas etc just to suit a few biddy little buyers in Europe? I'd pin your hopes on the bigger stuff and try to meet Vermeer and Bandit head on.

Vermeer currently do not supply large chippers on any scale within the European market, currently Bandit is our only option with the exception of some niche machines out there. Which I think is a massive oversight on Vermeers behalf as we ran 3 large Vermeers at one point before they stopped. Most Vermeers are now European built it seems.

Besides having run Vermeers for a while I can honestly say the switch to Bandit is the best decision we made they are on a other level, which is probably why Vermeer stopped.

I would expect DPF's to last more than a couple of years, it's more about being able to monitor soot build up and adjust the running of the machine to suit - we currently have one in our Bandit which has on board diagnostics to allow us to monitor soot levels and if required force a regen.

Also as this type of installation becomes more common the technology will improve becoming more robust and reliable.

And if £1000 every 24 months which equals roughly £10 a week becomes hard to stomach then I'm not sure what to say about that.

My old Diesel 4x4 had an early DPF I covered 180k without issue. Commercial vehicles are covering half a million miles with this technology fitted without issue. Most of the reason domestic diesel cars are encountering problems is owners being ill informed of their purchasing decisions.

Well said, with modern engine and aftertreatment controls the engines will self manage as far as possible, adjusting fuel/air and even exhaust back pressure to enable regen. Most will also derate/limp if they cannot regen to avoid damage, only persistent operator abuse or a serious malfunction will usually cause damage to the dpf.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Be nice to see the 990 equivalent as im debating trading my Bandit 990 in for a new 915 this year

M12R-Working-980x370.jpg

This is the M12R. This is the direct equivalent to the 990XP. Is can come with engines ranging from 40hp up to 130hp. The M12R is a great, heavy built chipper. A great opponent for the 990XP. We have one on order so we will be able to provide demos when it arrives.

Regards

Davie

My 950 is here and in action. What a beast! [ATTACH]221518[/ATTACH][ATTACH]221519[/ATTACH]

Hi Nick,

How do you get on with the control system for the tracking and movements?

Was the machine supplied in the UK or did you order it direct from America?

I currently have a Vermeer 725 and love the control system, it is so easy to use and I can let anyone jump on it. I gather the older Boxers are not so intuitive.

Thanks

Jonathan

M12R-Working-980x370.jpg

This is the M12R. This is the direct equivalent to the 990XP. Is can come with engines ranging from 40hp up to 130hp. The M12R is a great, heavy built chipper. A great opponent for the 990XP. We have one on order so we will be able to provide demos when it arrives.

Regards

Davie

has anyone ever seen a mercan wear hearing protection..... I SAID, HAS ANYONE EVER SEEN AN AMERICAN WEAR HEARING PROTECTION!!