Steel Viper. UK Morbark Dealership

David Harper

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wasn't trying to hate on it. Just sturggled to see how it fit into the European market. Everything else I've seen looks great.

How much is the M8D? As it's only 200kg heavier but seems much better power ratio.

I agree it looks solid like all american chippers do but if you're going over 750kg I'd want the machine to have power to spare not have a small (relativly) petrol engine.

You make a very good point Burgess. We could offer to mount the 35hp from the M8D as an additional extra. It would be good to see the two machines toe to toe and see how well each perform. I do really appreciate the feedback. All this helps us create a stronger market postition and a better tool for the customers.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

See what you guys think

Regards

Davie

Wow, thats slow! Ive run a forst st6 on hire a few times and the things are just beasts, your x7 hasnt got a chance, 6" connifer barely troubled it, your machine struggled to recover after every bite of that 6" poplar, it needs a decent diesel engine, more torque for faster recovery. Sorry but i dont think youll sell many based on that performance and price.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Wow, thats slow! Ive run a forst st6 on hire a few times and the things are just beasts, your x7 hasnt got a chance, 6" connifer barely troubled it, your machine struggled to recover after every bite of that 6" poplar, it needs a decent diesel engine, more torque for faster recovery. Sorry but i dont think youll sell many based on that performance and price.

Ouch. To the point haha. Yeah well getting the 35hp mounted may be the best move. What is the price of the ST6?

Ouch. To the point haha. Yeah well getting the 35hp mounted may be the best move. What is the price of the ST6?

Yeh sorry, brutally honest! I believe an st6 new is around 17-18k, but thats only based on hear say, someone on here will have one and can say im sure. With the forst youre getting a much more advanced machine than what youre offering, and 4k price difference at that level prob isnt going to be a major consideration when it comes to performance, image, support and resale value. As demo'd in that video i think your talking about a 10k machine, add the features for the forst and its not hard to near double that. The kubota 35hp engine is about the gold standard in many of these machines so you need to be aiming for similar i would think.

I'm surprised that you seem to know so little about the market place, your competitors and what you are up against! Everything has it's place in a market but most Yank stuff just doesn't fit in the mass market of Europe. No doubt you will sell a couple of units but, I wouldn't advise trying to break in to the sub 10" market with the offering - it doesn't appear to suit our markets. Good luck, concentrate on the skid steer stuff.