Steel Viper. UK Morbark Dealership

David Harper

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What would you say it's comparable to? The small engine and single roller suggest a small machine like the timberwolf 160. The stated capacity and weight suggest a timberwolf 230?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

We hope to compete against the Forst ST6. It has a bigger infeed than the ST6 although it has less power but the beauty of it is that it has such a heavy chipping disc that the momentum of it makes up for the lack of power. Also it seems quite comparable in price.

We hope to compete against the Forst ST6. It has a bigger infeed than the ST6 although it has less power but the beauty of it is that it has such a heavy chipping disc that the momentum of it makes up for the lack of power. Also it seems quite comparable in price.

Would that not just make it take forever to get the flywheel up to speed when the anti stress kicks in? Be interested to see how it performs. If it's a similar price to the forst though I think it'll be a non starter

It's at £14000 for one. I'm not sure what the Forst is at. I love all this feedback as Morbark are willing to make the necessary changes to compete in the UK market. We have to remember that Morbark have been doing since 1957. They've been the longest in the chipping game for a reason. I'm hoping we have a machine that can do just as good as the rest.

Would that not just make it take forever to get the flywheel up to speed when the anti stress kicks in? Be interested to see how it performs. If it's a similar price to the forst though I think it'll be a non starter

[ame]

[/ame]

See what you guys think

Regards

Davie

I wasn't trying to hate on it. Just sturggled to see how it fit into the European market. Everything else I've seen looks great.

How much is the M8D? As it's only 200kg heavier but seems much better power ratio.

I agree it looks solid like all american chippers do but if you're going over 750kg I'd want the machine to have power to spare not have a small (relativly) petrol engine.