Which tyres for pickup in "Steep Muddy forest/wood tracks?

cessna

If you are forestry contractor , which type/make of tyres do you use on your pickup truck ,especially for steep muddy/greasy woodland track surfaces. The "Nexen Rodian AT 2" tyres on my Isuzu pickup seem to slide rather than grip on greasy mud surfaces, very dangerous .

Always rate bfg muds above anything else, and I think I have tried most of them. A little more than some brands but last set I picked up were just under 100 each with frèe fitting!!

They have great road manners as well

Been using insa Dakar, Done like 25k miles on them. Great in the woods but when it's real wet your gunna slide whatever younhave

Fair comment,especially when we have had a very long dry spell and then a lot of rain on a very dry surface, which becomes slippery (no grip) compared to a muddy surface (some grip).

Thanks for your replies,I think the main problem is that the tyre size on the Isuzu is wider than on the old Nissan. I found with tractors in the past that narrower tyres will grip better on slippery surfaces than wider tyres.

The Quadtrac I drove for a bit would even spin on greasy grass bank!!!! :thumbdown: