Ms201t sugihara bar, fitting issue.

WoodED

The BN6 mount bars are the universal type to fit all small chainsaws (same as the carving bars). They should still fit the MS201T.

Options are:

• We can send you a chain x1 drive link shorter and see if this solves it
  • Grind out the heel of the bar so it is open like the Stihl bar - we'll cover the warranty if you feel this does not work
  • Or we can send you out the standard 12" sugi bar that runs 3/8 lo pro .050 (as the bar you have I think is 3/8 .043).

But with the narrower chain that bar you have should cut faster than the standard 3/8 .043

Let us know.

Can't get fairer than that, thanks rob

Rob - what's the "known" set up that others have used successfully on this saw? That's probably the best guidance.

bmp01

I'm not sure on this bar as although we seem to have sold a few can't remember having any issues ref the bar heel... we've had the same type of issue on carving bars but where 1/4 chain is much smaller removing a link cures it.

Actually just double check the drive link count on the chain you have to make sure it is indeed 44!

We got these multi mount bars in because we have to buy bars in batches of x50 per type - so a multi mount bar saves having to buy x50 dedicated Stihl mount and x50 dedicated Husky.

I'm not sure on this bar as although we seem to have sold a few can't remember having any issues ref the bar heel... we've had the same type of issue on carving bars but where 1/4 chain is much smaller removing a link cures it.

Actually just double check the drive link count on the chain you have to make sure it is indeed 44!

We got these multi mount bars in because we have to buy bars in batches of x50 per type - so a multi mount bar saves having to buy x50 dedicated Stihl mount and x50 dedicated Husky.

Yes definitely 44 links,

• 3 weeks later...
Yep ok - let me know what you want to do to get you cutting again (PM is best as sometimes don't have time to scan through threads).

Rob just thought I'd say thanks, cutting the end of the bar out has done the trick 👍🏼[ATTACH]221885[/ATTACH]