Dead fir log

RC0

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I did enjoy it and it was well worth waiting up for (1.48 a.m here) Set Quality to HD. Great Lake view as you jammed your heel into the rotting top.Jeez, no wonder you were cramping up working those segments off bit by bit from such an enormous trunk....Looked like some Giant dried up Chocolate cake as the crumbling segments dropped leaving a dusty tail. I always marvel at your bravery and skill but above all your focus. Understandable that you were cautious in cutting a shallow face and glad you were able to get another cable on to coax such a mass of wood over it's balance point.Great technical thinking and understanding. Hopefully you broke even but in any case like you saud "No Carnage and you got home"...You are a great inspiratiin to me and have been for a few years now. Keep doin what yer doin. Goodnite 🖒🖒🌳🌲

Hi reg, I have just watched the video, thanks for sharing, just a quick question- there was a thread on here a while back about allowing for your flip line to break away if the stem had failed leaving you on the ceder anchor-

from the video were you clipped in to your side d's or did you make any break away provision?

Hope that makes sense? It's always great to learn from seeing your skills and theory! Cheers rich

You know what it's like Pete, with sketchy stuff like that you're always a bit feared of fannying around with what may potentially be the only decent timber available.

Anyway, was the timber milled?

It would be such a shame to waste it.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk