Sweden

colin9730

May not be of much help but I work in Norway. Norway seems to be filled with Swedes looking for work and generally menial work at that.

The pay will be way better than the UK but if you're gonna live there whilst working you'll soon find it does not stretch very far. I found both my wife and I had to work to retain the same standards of living we had back in Scotland when I was the only breadwinner.

Thankfully I now work in Norway but live back in Scotland so get the best of both worlds. :thumbup:

No help regarding working there as I never have, but my wife is Swedish and as a country I think their living standards are better than here (in general). I love the country myself- far fewer people, more space and things are well thought out over there- I even quite like their cities, and I hate cities usually!

No help regarding working there as I never have................. and as a country I think their living standards are better than here (in general). I love the country myself- far fewer people, more space and things are well thought out over there- I even quite like their cities, and I hate cities usually!

I'd agree with that (though my Wife's not swedish :001_tongue: ).

Have visited a few times now (mainly Northern areas) and always look forward to the next time.

I've read that Aspen is mandatory in Sweden, ie. - illegal to use pump petrol in 2-stroke machines - ID be interested to know if this is true, and if it is, do the Swedes actually comply? Any Swedes on the forum?

It isn't mandatory but alkylate petrol is recommended if you are using 2-stroke equipment at work in Sweden. It has been used so long over there that it has become standard practice, just like wearing chainsaw trousers etc.