Does anyone use a Hypro fg45 felling grab

elfinwood saws

Are they any good? any problems? value for money? alternatives?

Hello I have often thought about one of the felling heads mounting it on either a roof mount or an excavator but I have never found enough information about doing so.

I will watch this thread with interest .

No, but I looked into them very closely a year or two back. I think they are a really useful unit and could really help with scrub clearance, thinning birch etc. However not sure if they are any better than a tree shear, what are you wanting to run it on. Richard Court is also starting to bring in moipu heads that look like a really good alternative. They do a small shear cut and saw cut model but with rollers and delimbing knives

I have a Naarva K23 felling head/shear which I mount on a variety of different excavators, which includes a Kubota U17, a U25 and U48. It is a great piece of kit and I think superior to other tree shears as you grab and then cut rather than grabbing and cutting in one motion. This allows for greater control. The unit has a cutting capacity of 230mm (9 ins) however this is dictated by the capability of the excavator and obviously you could get yourself into trouble quickly on the smaller machines if you don't have your witts about you. It is available for hire on it's own or we can provide a machine and operator. We are based between Gloucester and Cheltenham. Give me a call on 07710 754 629 for more info or a chat on how we get on with it. Below are some pics of a recent job ATB Tom ImageUploadedByArbtalk1496183209.831528.jpg.61e760bb958b2bc27250602c9d692d94.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1496183152.861414.jpg.802115638b943e5fda47b270026e4786.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1496183187.830038.jpg.486a206e3fe064df27e77416ccc8fa51.jpg

• 4 months later...