Do not buy this saw - its stolen

haytontreeservices

I had a laser measure stolen that came upon ebay (in the village), I found out who it was and told the police. They told me to win it, but they collected it.

The police very nearly screwed it up as uniformed officers pulled up outside his house and he saw them coming.. If he had, had half a brain he would have just denied he had it, but luckily for me he was a halfwit and handed it over.

If it was to happen again I would win, say I am paying cash, and then refuse to return it once I had it was in my hands. Tell the seller it was stolen and then call the police..

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude. If you think it's yours just rock up. Have a look. Tell him it's yours. It was stolen. Take it. If he creates a fuss call 50 and go from there. Simple. Police have a duty a of care especially if there is a danger he might start it up and threaten you with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I guess there must be distinguishing features to prove it's yours? Don't tell us what they are but make sure you can prove to the police it is stolen from you.

Good luck and I hope you not only get it back but that there are consequences for the scum bags.

Had a load stolen,, found on ebay,, notified the police,,, told not to bid, or message them,,

police said,, they would sort it,, hoops & jumps to go threw first,,

I watched in anger as it all sold,, police rang back a week later,, said they where still getting authority for sellers address,,, waist of time,,,

Bid and win, with collection in mind,, the rest is up to you..

Sorry for your loss....

You'd think the police would be all over these cases as it's a guaranteed result, but the opposite seems to be true.

Here's to you getting all your gear back mate, at least you've got a good lead.

The only chance of plod getting near that is if the bloke who buys it or the bloke who is selling it get caught for speeding and they find it in the car .