Forst ST6 issue 'help'

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lazy oil pressure switch? Water temp sender gone bad? Bonnet switch moving? Low battery voltage causing fuel solenoid to switch off? Faulty fuel solenoid switching off?

Start with the cheap stuff if Redwood won't answer phone tomorrow but do ring them! Any warranty left from Listers?

I'll check it all tomorrow. It wasn't from listers it was from redwood but I got it off someone just after the warranty about a year back.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

i've had this issue with both st6 and st8. Redwood have supplied two new ignition barrels as there is an acknowledged problem. My fitter is in the process of replacing them so hopefully the problems will soon be solved.

Were you getting the same issue as I had? also it seems odd that the machine is 4 years old and not had any issues with the ignition barrel up until now or is it some sort of corrosion issue?

We had a TR6 which used to switch itself off because the ignition switch flipped itself off during use.

Do you mean the ignition Key turned it's self off or is there a separate switch on the tracked models. If so the Key is still in the one position when the engine cuts out.

Well I checked all the wiring and cleaned any crap out of the inputs (there wasn't really a great deal). All the battery leads seem to be in order and have a strong connection. So that's about it for now. I'll ring Redwood tomorrow and see if they can come up with any solutions. As I said earlier it's due its 400 hour service so I might drop it off to them later in the week to service it and sort out the issue. It could well be this ignition barrel malarkey causing the problem as the symptoms seem to link up.

I'll keep you informed when I get to the root of the problem. Thanks for the input again

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk