Forst ST6 issue 'help'

Anyone got any bright idea as to what's wrong with my ST6 before I have to fork out to get listers to fix it.

Today while chipping it just cut out (mid chip) then wouldn't start up again. Left it 10 minutes and it fired up. Then when chipping a largish handful of branches it cut out again almost like it couldn't cope with the amount going through (which wasn't loads for what it usually chews through).

Loads of fuel in it so that wasn't the issue. Had the hydraulic pump and all the fluid changed in it not to long ago so I can't see it being anything to do with the hydraulics as there hasn't been a leek.

Could it be the alternator or a loose wire? I've had a good look and all seems to be in order.

It's a 2013 model with 400h on the clock. Any known faults that link to this problem?

Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had a similar thing on our st6. We were told to take out the leads that connect the 'computer brain' to the display from memory and clean the connectors as sometimes they get gunk on them and stop the signal getting through. This worked for us

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/large-equipment/107378-forst-st-8-starting-issue.html

I'll echo the calling them up thing from Tom, they were very helpful.

May not be connected to it, but the rogue batch of ignition barrels can cause some odd symptoms.

(See above thread)

Edited by Mick Dempsey

Cheers for the input. I'll check the wiring properly tomorrow and give it all a bit of a clean out. And I'll ring up the good folk at redwood on Monday to see if they have any insures. I'm subbing most of next week and the week after for as a climber for other firms so don't have a proper chance to test it out but it is due its 400 hr service so I might get it in while I'm working for others and see if they can work out the glitch if sorting all the wires doesn't show anything up.

Keep sending any ideas as I'll go through the machine tomorrow and check anything that pops up.

Cheers

Lazy oil pressure switch? Water temp sender gone bad? Bonnet switch moving? Low battery voltage causing fuel solenoid to switch off? Faulty fuel solenoid switching off?

Start with the cheap stuff if Redwood won't answer phone tomorrow but do ring them! Any warranty left from Listers?