Do IBCs of logs survive pallet rotators?

Woodworks

Mine handle being tipped over by the skid steer and then I pick them up through the side so the fork tines are supporting the upturned base. No use if you want to tip into a trailer but you can tip a bunch out and then bucket them into whatever container you need.

Plastic bottomed or cornered IBC's are the easiest but steel cornered ones are fine if you're a capable operator.

Occasionally have to weld the odd bottom ring back to the spacer feet but a few tacks with the mig on a low setting and they're as good as new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes they will, but as others have said the side and top supports are critical, we use potato boxes of different shapes and if we are too lazy to alter the supports between sizes that's when they get broken.

rotators aren't dear though I picked mine up for about £700 at a sale. pity you weren't closer because the spud merchants I collect stockfeed from are selling their old one.

rotators aren't dear though I picked mine up for about £700 at a sale. pity you weren't closer because the spud merchants I collect stockfeed from are selling their old one.

£700! blimmin heck. Cheapest been offered is £1800 and that has no side or top support.

Palax setup ok for bags but with full IBC's the base bars would soon start to break apart. The top bar is arguably the most important element when emptying IBC's.

Hmmm the guys who I am looking to get the forklift from have found a pallet rotator with side support for sensible money but you are saying the top support is the most important. Do you think this aspect could be improvised with a ratchet strap?

Sure, ratchet strap ok if not tipping 100's of m3.

Bond some rubber belting to the side support to save destroying the galvanising over time, and an 18" square side support is far better at spreading the load than just a straight bar.

We fabricated ours from 4x2 box.

5ft forks best modified with backstop, so the forklift stands clear of vehicle when tipping.

Hope all goes to plan.

Sure, ratchet strap ok if not tipping 100's of m3.

Bond some rubber belting to the side support to save destroying the galvanising over time, and an 18" square side support is far better at spreading the load than just a straight bar.

We fabricated ours from 4x2 box.

5ft forks best modified with backstop, so the forklift stands clear of vehicle when tipping.

Hope all goes to plan.

Good man, thanks :thumbup1:

Good information there especially protecting the galvanising as that had not crossed my mind. Was hoping to get away with 1200mm forks and small packer on the inside to get the crate out over the truck. The rotator gives 150mm spacing on it's own and my greedy boards are pretty much flush with outer edge of the truck.