Pershore College Arboriculture - Images

I thought I'd show you a little of what we do here at Pershore College. We run courses in level 1 Woodland Skills, level 2 Arboriculture, level 3 Arboriculture, through to FdSc and BSc in Arboriculture.

Apprenticeships are becoming increasingly popular, especially with employers and of course we run the short courses -

Great idea on the apprenticeships. Good luck with it all.

The comments regarding stump height are laughable. I think anyone who picks up on that pic and tries to make a big deal of it needs to seriously re-evaluate their priorities in life. Maybe get out more, go for a walk etc.

Great idea on the apprenticeships. Good luck with it all.

The comments regarding stump height are laughable. I think anyone who picks up on that pic and tries to make a big deal of it needs to seriously re-evaluate their priorities in life. Maybe get out more, go for a walk etc.

Tommorow I will prune a 1000 year old TPO'd veteran Oak with a grapple Skidder.

Then lets see what you all say.

Tommorow I will prune a 1000 year old TPO'd veteran Oak with a grapple Skidder.

Then lets see what you all say.

Are you for real? I bet you're a joy to work with!

For somebody who's been using a saw for perhaps a week, the gob looks fine.

But perhaps you're right, they've wasted a square foot of softwood. They should be skinned in front of their families.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

Just pointing out the direction of fell isn't he?

Funnily enough, that's a habit that I know I'll occasionly fall into and have to correct. I don't know why, just something I'll do, recognize and correct now and again.:blushing:

I have an especial reason to be sensitive about it but it took me thirty years of chainsaw use before I realised how important the gtrip with the left hand is ;-).

I hope my comment was only taken as such and not a criticism, I enjoyed seeing John's pictures and wouldn't wish to put him off showing what his students are up to.

I too used to get uptight about high stumps, stapling fences to trees, bonfires next to trees but then in those days a decent fencing oak was worth a week's wages, I see similar trees chucked through the chipper now.

Similarly I'd sort trees out for the higher grade products and would give lectures on tree quality and pruning for it. Now the market has fallen away and oak is imported from France, local woods have been creamed and the replanting is at wide spacings such that quality timber will never be grown from them so I just think how sad and pass by.

Yeah but that's what I was taught to do by my instructor! My point has nothing to do with the perceived severity of the operation...

Kindly remove me from this forum please Steve.

Don't be a fool. If we can't have a debate, argument, row, and still get along afterwards there would be no point coming about here.