Torn cartilage

Guss109

Loler thanks for that [emoji106] think it would just be keyhole to tidy up the rough bits. But has said to leave it for a few months can't really see that happening as I've been suffering for a year or so but lately it's getting to the painful all the time stage but I guess I'll just have to listen to the experts

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Just keep smashing the physio in the meantime, it makes a massive difference.

One of my Circus friends split both his meniscus on separate occasions, he had access to private health care and his mum is a theatre nurse (ortho).

he ha done operated on to clean up the tear and one not, in both cases he went physio mad seeing as he is a professional performer and tours the globe performing. the un-operated knee is now far better than the operated despite the fact it was the more recent injury. He assures me that the day he stops training 5 days a week will be the day it gets worse.

Not knowing where the tear is or how extensive i'd not like to guess how beneficial the op will be but either way smaaaash the physio!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Mike that's the most stupid advice I've heard.

Each case is different.

Yes, physio can help enormously, but in some cases (like mine) it can make things worse. Much worse.

MRI scan then LISTENING TO a professional medical opinion by a consultant who fully understands what your job entails is probably a better bet.

Had mine done over 2 months ago. Before it was constant pain. Difficult and sometimes very painful to climb. Pain all the time even with pain killers. After op I walked out of hospital and was driving within a couple of days. I did have 2 weeks off ish then 4 weeks light work but it a hell of a lot better. The only downside is the drugs they give you to knock you out cause problems going for a dump for a couple of days. Other than that go for it

Just keep smashing the physio in the meantime, it makes a massive difference.

One of my Circus friends split both his meniscus on separate occasions, he had access to private health care and his mum is a theatre nurse (ortho).

he ha done operated on to clean up the tear and one not, in both cases he went physio mad seeing as he is a professional performer and tours the globe performing. the un-operated knee is now far better than the operated despite the fact it was the more recent injury. He assures me that the day he stops training 5 days a week will be the day it gets worse.

Not knowing where the tear is or how extensive i'd not like to guess how beneficial the op will be but either way smaaaash the physio!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Agree with Mark. This is bad advise. Physio was terrible for my knee pre op.

Every ti.e i bent it i thought it would never straighten again.

Hi all ! I have had my knee surgery 6 weeks ago ! It's the worst pain I have ever had! Before the op I had physio and pain relief ! Had a MRI scan done after waiting over 2 years for someone to give me the scan!

In the end I had to go to doctor ask for help ! Within 3 weeks I had my scan and operation.

To be quite honest I wished I had not had the op ! It's my right knee, calf muscles go into spasms and I have to use deep heat ointment to help the spasms go!

I can walk but with a bad limp, it's bloody impossible to walk down a hill or on uneven ground, god does it hurt! Going upstairs or downstairs is a tricky ordeal.

I've worked out if I go downstairs backwards one step at a time there not much pain.

I was offered No Physio or support for the knee, was told it will take minimum 6 months to heal ! Pain relief is rotting my stomach lining and giving me serious bowel movement.

Was advised to leave the gym alone and go swimming.

This injury is due to a No fault RTA and come December 2017 is 3 years, my solicitor is Bloody useless to a point I had to ask the Legal ombudsman to assist , my 3 year limitations is up come December and I fully intend to sue the solicitor for Medical neglect as I have had to get my knee sorted as my female solicitor is thick as a b plank and bloody useless.

Cheers Nick

Hi I had a partial torn cartilage, bone shaved off my knee cap and my muscle repaired.

The previous physio before my op had seriously damaged my knee as the bone fragments had cut into my muscle doing more damage.

Been off work for 3 weeks, I have had to work as like some of you guys self employed. My consultant advised me to go back to work , and that was that!