Cheap chinese SRT kit???

about a month ago I learn SRT climbing, But since then I have only had the opportunity to do it once or twice (not work just fun). But recently I have been wanting to do it a bit more (again just for fun), and I was wondering if the cheap Chinese kit, would suffice, as I do not have the cash for expensive stuff.

So what I am asking is if any of you guys have any experience with this sort of kit? and If so do you recon It would work?

example of Chinese crud:

New Foot Ascender Riser Rock Climbing Mountaineering Equipment Gear | eBay

Interesting image there of ascender worn on the outside of the ankle.

That pretty much sums it up for me.

i hear what your saying, i wouldnt climb on something i didnt really trust. but in fairness that "out side of the ankle one" is just the left leg i reckon

who knows? technically these arent fall arrest or anything are they? but like cheap chinese spikes if they fail at worst it'll hurt and at best your heart will jump out your mouth

That's not really the point Bill.

If you trash a £150 rope with one because the cam is too aggressive they will suddenly appear to be less of a bargain.

They might be fine, but I'd rather save up for something decent and not take the risk.

• Thanks 1

If you trash a £150 rope with one because the cam is too aggressive they will suddenly appear to be less of a bargain.

They might be fine, but I'd rather save up for something decent and not take the risk.

i'm with you, i wouldnt bother, £12 for chinese, £40 for CT

This... how much more ££ is a CT or a Pantin ascender? Can't be much more, surely. Buy cheap buy twice.

Timon.

I got one of the SOB brand, couple of months ago. But I am not a regular climber.

I buy it because:

1-is cheap

2-is not lifesuport

3-is reviewd here: Eccentric Cam Foot Ascenders: SOB (AL-NASR)

4-treestuff actually sells it with their haas and hand and foot ascenders kits: TreeStuff - HAAS Velox Ascent Combo

[ame=

]
[/ame]

I can make a small review, some pitctures and a video if that helps anyone.

My only complain so far is the spring being too much strong so I struggle a bit to feed the rope in the first meters.