ARB Show feedback thread...please, and thank you

AA Teccie (Paul)

Was just going to say the same, we headed down on the Saturday and as Rich mentioned, knowing that Honeys, Treeworker and Jonesie weren't going to be there I was hoping to get some rope off the reel but Treekit had sold out and no-one else had anything on reel. Shame but not an AA issue. Really liked the location and parking etc. We travelled 151 miles each way with traffic and road closures so it was nice to be able to wander along the tree top walk as well as the show and i think it benefited from having members of the public in amongst the arbs.

"Nice one Tommy", thanks for that, good of you to say, and glad you had a good day.

We will be feeding back the "running out of stuff" to the suppliers which, hopefully, might entice others back next time :001_rolleyes:

Cheers again :thumbup1:

Paul

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The lack of big arb suppliers was a big disappointment this year. For me, and a lot of others too, honey brothers and frjones are the main reasons for coming to the show. Especially since the stihl distance selling rules came in, these suppliers can't post any new machines. I was ready to spend a lot of money on new saws and kit but I came away this year with a flip line!

I personally think the aa should be enticing these big suppliers to the show because you will pull bigger numbers in.

If it's the same next year, I won't be coming (along with a lot of other people!)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Arbtalk mobile app

Hi Paul

I haven't been for a few years, even though I live 20mins away from Westonbirt. I took my 3year old and had a really good day out (he hasn't taken his free stihl hat off yet), and spent a lot longer there than planned too but that might be due to the little un playing with everything in site.

I was really impressed with the amount of larger kit stands that was there like the tree shears etc as I feel that a lot of tree work is heading down that route and it was good to get some info on that side of it.

All in all I will give you 2 thumbs up for it. It was free for me to get in due to being a friend of the Arboretum haha.

James

The lack of big arb suppliers was a big disappointment this year. For me, and a lot of others too, honey brothers and frjones are the main reasons for coming to the show. Especially since the stihl distance selling rules came in, these suppliers can't post any new machines. I was ready to spend a lot of money on new saws and kit but I came away this year with a flip line!

I personally think the aa should be enticing these big suppliers to the show because you will pull bigger numbers in.

If it's the same next year, I won't be coming (along with a lot of other people!)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Arbtalk mobile app

Thanks Matt, I hear you n we will try our best.

Regards

Paul

Hi Paul

I haven't been for a few years, even though I live 20mins away from Westonbirt. I took my 3year old and had a really good day out (he hasn't taken his free stihl hat off yet), and spent a lot longer there than planned too but that might be due to the little un playing with everything in site.

I was really impressed with the amount of larger kit stands that was there like the tree shears etc as I feel that a lot of tree work is heading down that route and it was good to get some info on that side of it.

All in all I will give you 2 thumbs up for it. It was free for me to get in due to being a friend of the Arboretum haha.

James

Great stuff, glad you had good day n lucky you being Westonbirt "Friend" :001_rolleyes:

Cheers James

Paul