ARB Show feedback thread...please, and thank you

AA Teccie (Paul)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The show was well laid out with a good mix of pitch sizes spread around so it didn't leave the small ones out the way.

Definitely noticed the lack of arb suppliers this year which was a bit disappointing. As the range of kit held between all of them usually made a good show with good choice.

My only criticism is that when I asked for 2 days tickets on the first day, I was given 2 and paid for 2, they wouldn't let me back in the second day with the second ticket. An error by the staff on the gate I was penalised for!

Hi Rob, thanks for your post here and I'm really sorry to hear about this...you shudda come to see us in the AA tent and I'm sure we would have arranged a refund :001_huh:

Unfortunately I can't promise to do so now but I will raise it with Head Office.

Apologies again,

Paul

Maybe have entry and arboretum separate. As I saw alot of people who clearly just went to the arboretum, but came and walked around the show and I feel this really did not help with the queues at the food stands.

That being said I did see a group of small children (who parents clearly didn't know the first think about ARB) marveling at the utility arb demonstration (future tree surgeons I recon :) )

Hi there and thanks for your post.

This was intentional, or certainly acknowledge as circumstantial, we the show was delivered collaboratively with Westonbirt and in particular their "Friends of.."

Guess it was a bit "pros n cons" as I spoke to someone who said that whilst they knew about tree surgeons they didn't realize there was a whole industry delivering tree care other than foresters and the FC. So it was awareness raising too.

Friday, being much the busier day, was certainly more "the industry" so maybe bear that in mind for next time :thumbup1:

Cheers,

Paul

I only got to the show @ 11am Friday so missed the SRT talk , I filled in the form concerning SRT rope & anchor choices last time I was wondering what conclusions they had come to & what the industry had come to regarding SRT use within the industry?? Thanks john

Hi John, that feedback was given to Ben and Noddy to feed through to the research they're undertaking. Thereafter it will feed through into the production of the industry technical guide for tree access and descent (hopefully due out by end 2017.)

Cheers, and thank you for the valuable feedback,

Paul

A good show I thought, nice to see some larger kit onsite and certainly seemed busy

However...

I'm not quite sure why the bar facilities are always such a struggle to get right, people 30 deep trying to get a beer, a bar selling primarily real ale and selling out of lager and cider by lunchtime on the first day. It can't be that difficult could get a decent bar sorted, I'm sure the holford arms could provide a temporary bar for the duration of the show providing some more recognised drinks as opposed to the the obscure ales on offer that are not necessarily to everybody's taste

Hi John, thanks for your feedback here...I have to admit it did make me smile though, albeit a very valid, and important, point you make about the bar and (I think) "real ales" were considered to be very popular...but obviously not in the arb world....SORRY 'et al'

I will ensure this is feedback and, fingers crossed, you won't be left as thirsty again next time :001_huh:

Cheers, n hope yer well :thumbup1:

Paul

Hi John, that feedback was given to Ben and Noddy to feed through to the research they're undertaking. Thereafter it will feed through into the production of the industry technical guide for tree access and descent (hopefully due out by end 2017.)

Cheers, and thank you for the valuable feedback,

Paul

Thanks , great show & Westonbirt is a great place 👍, did the new skywalk & checked out some great trees ...

the show layout and parking a lot better thumbs up for that one. the climbing competition was set up good and i enjoyed Watching it. show as more spread out with plenty of walking space without physically trying to avoid bumping into people so another plus. a few newer exhibitors of bigger kit. down side lack of choice to shop with especially on arb small equipment like saws hedge cutters and other hand held machinery even though i did place a order with forest and arb. was shocked that they had no stock of any hand held machinery i bought with them. i noticed there was no echo stand like last year no honey brother no lister wilder no fr jones no trex/landforce stand and im sure there is a few more i never seen that was there last year to me the show came across more open but less physically there and some stands smaller in size too i know i wast the only one feeling like this countless people of the various facebook groups say the same. but even though 157 mile drive each way i came and spent money and was happy to a degree almost didn't decide to go on from feed back from friends dont waste my time driving to go this year

I went Saturday, First impressions werent great as I hadnt realised I needed to bring my AA card to get in free and expected there would be a list of AA members who should get in free, maybe my fault for assuming but little annoying having to pay and was told no chance of refund, (is this true Paul?)

I checked out the demo re. decay detection gear which was well presented and informative. It was good to see Stroud brewery there and particularly enjoyed a pint of "stump grinder", Thought the competition trees were bit pathetic compared to last years they were a lot smaller and looked like easy branch walks etc. Certainly as a spectator not the most exciting to watch compared to other years.

Ended being more of a social for me rather than a shopping trip.