Teupen 21GT 23GT 23T

TFBen

Hi guys and gals,

I'm looking for a bit of advice from this evening of you who have one of these machines.

I'm thinking of buying one or similar but have many questions so if our able to help that would be much appreciated.

The guys that have the 21GT do you wish you had gone for a bigger machine? I've got a worthy limit for the machine of 3050kg and I know there are cheaper machines out there that reach higher but is it best to go for quility over height?

Many thanks

Ben

Quality every time we have the bigger mewp by teupen and it is amazing so so so well made typical German engineering very very sturdy and very efficient only down side is weight and trailer needs to be a purpose built one which is expensive and the actual machine takes a few goes to get proficient at using it to its full capabilities

Do you find it reaches most of the work you need it for?

The new features on the new models are twisting my hand but they don't do a 23gt with the new features anymore. It's the 24gt but they are too heavy for a trailer so the only option GT wise is the 21Gt.

They do a straight boom of 23T though but they aren't as good in tight spaces.

Apologises we have the 24gt on a light trailer and it's does everything the ability to turn the basket helps massively because at the rear the arm has a 10degree zone that it won't go into so the machine does a full 350degree swivel but the basket turn helps you get into the dead zone so to speak. One thing we have learnt is that practise really makes a massive difference and I always set the machine at 90degree to the tree we working on or front end on so the dead zone isn't an issue then.

Thanks for all this info, very much appreciated.

How have you got the 24GT and trailer to come in at 3.5ton? Removing the ramps? Or did you get someone else other then teupen to make a trailer for you? I had ruled out the 24gt because of the weight issue but if there's a way around it then that would be my preferred option.

If you have any picks of the trailer that would be fab :-)