Chipper not taking in small branches.

jfc

Cheers, yeah still lots to learn, but that's one of the tthings I love about this job. I don't think you can self sharpen the 160 blades as they are curved not straight but they are double sided. I got a spare set when I bought it anyway.

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Arbtalk mobile app

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Any woodchippers gas to have sharp blades to function properly. Check the condition of the blades frequently by looking at them by taking the covers off and remember that a wood chipper is that! It isn't a stone crusher or a steel shear! The supplier should have given all this information to you when they sold the machine to you.

Checking the chip quality should give a good indication of blade sharpness.

When I used to fun a small Timber Wolf (well it was actually an Entec, but same thing) I would stick a 5" log in and chip the end off it, then reverse it out. If the end has a pretty clean almost "planed" finish, the blades are nice and sharp, if its rough and torn looking, its time to change the blades.

The chipper should of come with the operators manual specially if new but also passed on even if 2nd hand if previous owners had any thing about them. Its full of really useful info. I'm assuming you don't have one! I would of thought you could get a copy from one of the dealers or possibly on the net. If your new to the inner workings of a chipper read the manual and if there's any doubt pay some one to have a look at it, maybe a service etc and ask if you can watch. Watch and learn as they say:thumbup1: If you don't do things correctly there's potential to loose a finger or hand if you don't follow some basic safety practice's.