stihl 362

carlos

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

361 was the best saw out there - don't expect to find anything that will match it nowadays though. We've had a number of 362s since they first started making them - the first ones without autotune were flat (compared to the 361) but were reliable to be fair. We subsequently ended up with 2 of the early autotune saws and they are absolute dog toffee - been in the dealers more than with us and every time within 2 weeks of coming back are as bad as ever - they won't idle, they have no power - basically I won't ever buy a saw of this size from Stihl again. They are absolute crap. Buy a 560xp - we had a few problems with one of the first ones of those, but every one since has been mega (and will outcut every 362 any day of the week).

My 362 is 2 years old but has been running like a bag of nails for last 6 months can't re tune it as it has to go back to a sthil dealer every time to be plugged into a laptop [emoji20] my 342 lasted 5 years and was a brilliant mid range saw. 362 hasn't been great for me personally also

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

As said, early 362 reliable and pretty good saw really, having ours crank seals done next to keep it going. Want to keep it going because it has good 60cc power, whereas the newer 362C as monkey business said, has not been as straightforward. Low power after about 6 months use, etc. Though I now wonder if this is due to confusion over the starting procedure with the switch. Seems it needs to be all the way down in the "choke" position EVERY time it is cranked, as the computer can then manage it all from there. Doing this seems to have improved it's power.

In our experience the 362c is an absolute disaster. Everyone we have had has been a pile of shite for all of the above mentioned reasons. I have a 2008 361 which I had rebuilt last year and it absolutely murders the 362 c for power and performance. I bought a 560 last year as well. Lovely little saw to use, plenty of power and speed. Only problems we've encountered with them is that the oiler worm fell apart after a year, the max bar is 18", as I am over 6ft a 20" bar saves the back a bit. I do however notice a lot of them for sale second hand on the web which mightn't be a good sign for the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

In the last year a colleague of mine has swapped from 2 problematic 9month old 362c over to 2x 560, happy at beginning, 6 months both had seized, another 6 months and same thing again, he has couple of 361 etc in truck with him while the "fleet" of newer stuff rotates in and out of shop being fixed... Seems that 60cc saws are in doldrums, shame as we find them useful size all rounder in forestry. Good weight, almost enough power to satisfy. Need a 70cc that weighs 6kg...

• 4 months later...