'Desk Sized' Slab Wanted

markyuk

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, thanks for all your responses (and apologies for my slow reply). Some amazing looking wood. I now need to think of some more things I need to make to make use of some of it...maybe a coffee table? Side table for the hallway...

Hi I have some stunning spalted beech , if you are interested , I can take some pics tomorrow or sat I am in Dorset

Cheers Mark

Sorry not a huge fan of beech although if you have a pic of the spalting it could sway me - how big are the slabs? How dry?

Got a couple of nails in it, great blue stain and lots of character. If your interested I'll dig one out and photo it.

Looks very nice - how much are you after? Air dried for how long?

Give dave at stiles and bates a call they hold the best stock of timber I know.

Thanks - will give them a go.

Thanks Mark,

Various sizes all 2 inch thick. they are mostly 2m but are between 50cm and 80cm wide from what I remember. Probably around £40 a cubic foot

I made a table/desk for my tv to sit on out of a bigger bit a while ago when I first properly got into woodwork.

James - looks amazing! How many pieces do you have left? What sizes?

Hi Mark,

We have some elm and cedar slabs to give a couple of different options. 3m by 1.0-1.2m most 60mm but some 100mm deep. Pic of cedar one from last week.

Cheers,

James.

I could be interested in the elm slabs - what have you got? Are they dry?

Got redwood here in a mix of sizes. Got some larger bits to mill yet so got pieces at the dimensions you are after

Sorry Rob - not a fan of redwood

Hi mark, I suspect my slabs aren't quite dry enough.

Only 1 year stickered and about 2 weeks inside.

I'll check mc on the weekend. Probably about 25-30% .

Thanks - agreed sounds like it'll be a bit wet for me. A shame as it looks very nice!