Greenmech wheel bearing replacement

Pbtaylor2014

Hi guys had a quote off gm Ballmer my local dealer for greenmech and they are asking 40 per wheel bearing

I have in the past changed normal trailer bearings and the normally only cost between 10 and 20 each do any one know of the size because I would have to dismantle to get part number ECT and have to wait for them to get them in stock so hoping that someone has taken this route before

They will almost certainly be a standard size.

I've checked in my user manual but it doesn't specify the wheel bearings.

If you can find a local supplier it should just be a case of taking yours down there to match up and away you go.

Why not book it in and have them do it? £40 per side isn't a great deal and you could be out earning while you spend. I'd budget for a brake reline while hub us off and think on a couple of cables just in case they are knackered too. I always found that getting a job done like that more fun done by someone else while I earnt the money to pay for it!

Edited by PeteB

Why not book it in and have them do it? £40 per side isn't a great deal and you could be out earning while you spend. I'd budget for a brake reline while hub us off and think on a couple of cables just in case they are knackered too. I always found that getting a job done like that more fun done by someone else while I earnt the money to pay for it!

Good plan Pete will get a quote

If its an Alko drum with a sealed bearing in it, they are fairly unique to Alko, however your bearing supplier will be able to cross reference to a hub kit, I forget what the code is. I think the kits are about £20+vat a side. you'll need a press to get the bearing out they are in there good, otherwise you'll be giving the drum a good whacking it could do without. Pete's right id go with getting them done whilst your earning money, and having the shoes and cables looked at is a good call too. I'd always recommend having cables done if shoes are replaced, its not if there're expensive. Hope this helps.

If its an Alko drum with a sealed bearing in it, they are fairly unique to Alko, however your bearing supplier will be able to cross reference to a hub kit, I forget what the code is. I think the kits are about £20+vat a side. you'll need a press to get the bearing out they are in there good, otherwise you'll be giving the drum a good whacking it could do without. Pete's right id go with getting them done whilst your earning money, and having the shoes and cables looked at is a good call too. I'd always recommend having cables done if shoes are replaced, its not if there're expensive. Hope this helps.

Thanks m8 will look in to it