R.I.P Theocus David Shepherd

sean

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Ive been asked to post this here for David's wife Nichola.

A plea to anyone who knew David.

In the years to come I am going to have 2 little ladies wondering about their Daddy.

Asking various questions: What was he like? What made him laugh? Why did he likes Trees so much? What is this crazy cycle sock obsession? Or wondering why they have this competitve streak, the need to turn everything into a competition and basically beat anyone who dares to be better than them. Wish me luck for their future!

Therefore I would like to create a memory box.

I am asking you all to please please think of a story, a place, a conversation, a drunken party or a dance off (we all know he liked to boogey) anything that reminds you of David and write it down. A simple picture will do (with details written on the back) Anything that our 2 little ladies can look through as and when they want to think about and get to know their father.

The memory box will be at the wake.

If you are not able to attend the funeral please PM me for my address.

Please share and encourage as many memories as possible.

Regards

Nicola

Hi

Ive been asked to post this here for David's wife Nichola.

A plea to anyone who knew David.

In the years to come I am going to have 2 little ladies wondering about their Daddy.

Asking various questions: What was he like? What made him laugh? Why did he likes Trees so much? What is this crazy cycle sock obsession? Or wondering why they have this competitve streak, the need to turn everything into a competition and basically beat anyone who dares to be better than them. Wish me luck for their future!

Therefore I would like to create a memory box.

I am asking you all to please please think of a story, a place, a conversation, a drunken party or a dance off (we all know he liked to boogey) anything that reminds you of David and write it down. A simple picture will do (with details written on the back) Anything that our 2 little ladies can look through as and when they want to think about and get to know their father.

The memory box will be at the wake.

If you are not able to attend the funeral please PM me for my address.

Please share and encourage as many memories as possible.

Regards

Nicola

What a great idea hopefully the box will be full

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I attended Dave’s funeral today, as you can imagine, it was a very emotional affair, many thanks to Paul Barton for keeping me company and putting up with my singing! Dave’s climbing helmet was placed on his coffin and Three Little Birds by Bob Marley was played as he entered Tewkesbury Abbey, which was full, not a spare seat in the house. Recessional was Let her go, by Passenger.

Today was a gloriously hot day, the sun shone, so I cycled to the funeral in full cycling regalia, Dave was an avid cyclist so hopefully he wouldn’t have minded. The Wellingtonia located in the Abbey grounds (which Dave climbed many-a-time) looked splendid in the summer sunshine.

A wonderful, emotional and fitting send-off, R.I.P David Shephard.