Spent a weekend doubting myself?.......

Tamillek

Got to get this off my chest cos the mrs is tired of listening and says(somehow) its all my fault??!! I reckon i,d get more understanding from me old arb mates.

I,ll make it short(ish) cos i could build up to a rant if i allowed myself, though i am more perplexed than angry.

Its this friday gone, day two of a pretty easy job tbh. Beech fell and stumpgrind, Field Maple reduction(bit late but we,ve been busy!) Alls well heading for success, plenty of tea coming out the kitchen,weathers good, time to have a lunchbreak and listen to the cuckoo!

Friday afternoon, we,re working on our doorstep and pretty much know the few people that pass by ,all mostly locals, dog walkers ,drivers tooting to the point i was spending a lot of time waving whilst up the(small/med) Maple which incidentally was about ten(max)steps from me in the driveway in full view as was the road going both ways.(which is quiet and rural)

At some point i said to the groundie could ya go grab the t540 please,to which he shouted from the truck..it aint there mate! Ok grab the 362....it aint there either!

Hmmm..did you put them in this morning? ....yep...sure?.....er not really?

The yard is close you nip back and grab them to finish the job

20 minutes later...not there must have picked them up??

So where are they i,ve waved or chatted to most of the people who have passed?? and the truck is almost touchable from where i am working??

AND WE'VE BEEN BLEEDIN' ROBBED OF TWO SAWS!! FFS.!!

How can that happen?

Thanks for listening guys,i feel so much better.

Can't leave anything unattended and in sight anywhere I'm afraid. My old boss had someone wander over while he was up a ladder once, all casual and smiling like he was coming for a chat, then he grabbed the hedge cutter off the floor and was off! Another time I wasn't more than 10m from the truck when a pickup stopped and the passenger got out chucked a couple of saws in the back and was gone! These types are so brazen it's a wonder they don't find themselves on the receiving end of kicking more often...

I've heard it said that leaving an old saw out in the open or on the back of a truck where it will have to be grabbed very quickly and with a cradle made of two cable ties hanging off the handle and fresh turd resting in said cradle can lift the spirits no end when it is robbed.

But who would do such a thing?

Many of these scumbags are very good at what they do.

When you are straight honest person its very difficult to think like a crook and protect your gear 24/7.

I had 2 saws and some hedge cutters go from a garden we were working in.

As we were finishing some guys came in to clear rubbish from a council sight we had done some felling on . We stopped to chat to them for a few mins then drove off . I had just put my 346 in the chipper and when we got home it was gone . We never stopped any were on the way back so it had to be one of them .

Unfortunately this happens all to often and I hope you get your kit back (I would advise keeping a look out on gumtree/eBay).

Once a mate of mine had his, brand new, tow behind chipper nicked while he went into Tesco! So well it could be worse.