Sugihara chainsaw bars catelogue now available to download

Rob D

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hi Rob. Sugi Bar query for Echo 390ESX:

Following the links on the Sugiharabarsuk website> 4 Echo then > 390ESX,CS420,CS501 gives me the available options and states that Sugi BM3 is equivalent to Oregon K041.

The OEM bar mount doesn't look like a K041 mount? The bar images on those pages also look like my OEM bar (pic below) with separate oiler hole and oval bar tensioner holes, not K041, (more like D176?).

Selecting the 15" Pro Lam .325 .050 64DL bar adds a bit more confusion:confused1:.

The mount looks good, description states its for 95TXL ie narrow kerf and the "0" in the Sugi-code is for .050 Gauge chain, exactly what I'm after.:thumbup: However, all the matching products shown are Type 21 (.058 gauge)... the weight is wrong too 940g, my 15" = 623g.

In short, I'm after a bar to use with my 95TXL 64DL chains on my 390ESX is BM2M-0J37 the answer? Please help:confused1::blushing:

Righto - have changed the chains as they were not correct.

Weight - I'll try and re weigh it but that should be correct for that bar.... just what it comes out at - maybe they made a ligher weight version at Echo's request.

Mount - it's not the K041 as such but the BM2 mount is more universal style mount - it covers the K041 mount.

Hope that answers all questions?

Weight - I'll try and re weigh it but that should be correct for that bar...

Hope that answers all questions?

Many thanks for the speedy response Rob, I'll get an order in.

Re the weight, all the .325 Pro Lam bars show the same weight (940g) irrespective of length or gauge, looks kooky to me. The 15" solid 1.5mm gauge shows only 775g.

I'll weigh it when it arrives and let you know, the only difference from the OEM bar is 11T vs 10T nose sprocket, so should be virtually the same.

Thanks again. ATB Nick

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2017 at 18:34, BishBashBosh said:

...I'll weigh it when it arrives and let you know, the only difference from the OEM bar is 11T vs 10T nose sprocket, so should be virtually the same.

BM2M-0J37-A  Bar weighs 657 g.  OEM bar 623 g (10T nose sprocket).

The Echo supplied NK bar is 3.8mm across the rails against 4.2mm for the Sugihara branded laminate, I don't have any standard 325 bars any longer to see how that compares, but probably explains the slight weight difference.

Thanks for the speedy service.:thumbup1:

2 hours ago, BishBashBosh said:

BM2M-0J37-A  Bar weighs 657 g.  OEM bar 623 g (10T nose sprocket).

The Echo supplied NK bar is 3.8mm across the rails against 4.2mm for the Sugihara branded laminate, I don't have any standard 325 bars any longer to see how that compares, but probably explains the slight weight difference.

Thanks for the speedy service.:thumbup1:

No prob - they may have made the bar thinner to run that chain. But the Sugi bar should be stiffer I reckon