Rope question

Clark282

Is this some sort of sneaky marketing ploy? If not can someone check out and review this rope please. Around £1.50 per metre for a decent SRT line seems like a potential bargain.

Where can you see the prices? I can't find them on their website.

Ha, no marketing from me. There are several companies selling work positioning ropes to en1891a at a lot lower cost than arb specific ropes...I wonder if the price is beefed up on an arb rope for brighter colours? And a softer feel?

The stretch is 3-5% so the same as an arb rope in a fall?

Our ropes are not designed to take a fall on, you need dynamic ropes for that, as far as I am aware we climb on static ropes (well semi-static) with a small amount of stretch 3-5% to at least take some small amount of energy absorption, as fully static lines really do not like any type of fall.

I do feel that perhaps our ropes are marked up a little though they are designed to be used everyday over extended periods of time making them different from search and rescue ropes for the reasons Pete Mctree states.

Unlike most rope disciplines, arb uses a running rope. This requires a hard wearing, heat resistant rope that is tolerant of tight bend ratios. How will this function?

I gave rope like this a try it ended up being used as a tag line, it just doesn't perform well as an Arb rope - disliked tight bends with poor knotability and poor heat resistance it might of been all nylon! Can't remember now.

Stick to arb specific, polyester outer for better heat resistance, withstands tight bends/takes knots well with greater durability for everyday use.

The SAR product is designed as a rescue rope yes it meets the criteria of EN1891 Type A it's intended use is for occasional user with shorter life cycle.

Edited by Marc