Petrol auger

simonm

One man augers are a waste of time round here. Even the two man ones are crap. Hit anything like a flint and it will stop dead, or send you flying round.

best one is the one on wheels made by digga, its hydraulic, so has a reverse if it jams. It also has teeth that will grind through flint and the whole thing comes apart and can be put in the boot of a car

What sort of money are those and who sells them?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What are these like with roots? On a job at the mo we've taken out a manky conifer hedge stumps out and 8 panels going in. Did 2 holes before leaving today 6 to go tomorrow. Bound to hit a few missed roots though. Will these machines just jam on the roots/stones and hurt your wrist or power through?

I've heard these referred to as 'wrist breakers'......

Fencing after grinding a hedge out is a bit of an arse TBH.

Jobs where we've ragged out the hedge with a winch and mattock have been easier on the post hole front.

Ty

Yeah but the time saved not having to cut a few roots you more than make up with buzzing the stumps out in a couple of minutes each. Conifer doesn't go too deep anyway and we're using 9ft posts so the disturbed ground won't matter too much when comes to set them