stihl 076av

Pbtaylor2014

Or put it on eee bay and find out.

Agg, think stihl only do the 4' x .404 bar in duromatic, so I would say it does have a value to certain types. Nothing wrong really with the duromatic bars, they are simple and robust.

Yes the 4' (actually 47") bar is only in Duromatic but there is a 59" Rollomatic and pictures can sometimes be funny on perspective. That bar would add a bit to the value if present.

The problem with the Duromatic when milling is that it takes power from the saw and is tricky to keep the tension right on the long cuts as things warm up but you have to start a bit slacker so it all ends up too slack. I used to use one (until it got stolen) and it was OK but I did tend to end up pouring oil on the tip periodically down the cut to get it to stay a bit cooler :001_smile:

Alec

Yes the 4' (actually 47") bar is only in Duromatic but there is a 59" Rollomatic and pictures can sometimes be funny on perspective. That bar would add a bit to the value if present.

The problem with the Duromatic when milling is that it takes power from the saw and is tricky to keep the tension right on the long cuts as things warm up but you have to start a bit slacker so it all ends up too slack. I used to use one (until it got stolen) and it was OK but I did tend to end up pouring oil on the tip periodically down the cut to get it to stay a bit cooler :001_smile:

Alec

great advice alec I'm hoping to sell a couple bits of equipment to buy a new large saw for ringing up

Yes Alec, with you on that, used to use a duro bar for milling and the chain tension could be all over the place unless set right and used consistently. As you say, lots of oil helps, but it also helps to stop the paint going brown on the roller nose too! Cheers

Saw your ad. Really needs more pictures and details, including bar and chain. As noted above, compression test and picture of the piston will really help. Good luck with the sale.

Scott

hi m8 I haven't got a comp tester but I can tell you that you have to use the decomp cable as the comp is so good