Gandini Biomatic 85 MTS

Laurence sls

Hi Guys,

Going to have a look at one of these tomorrow, apparently you can put through all sorts from pallets to brush wood and railway sleepers.

Doesn't chip as fast as a chipper, but we have a Forst ST8 anyway.

The reason I'm interested is we have a mountain of shitty hedge cuttings that has been pushed up with the tractor a lot which wont go through the chipper, also have a few site clearance with a lot of crud that can be chucked through it. Also have seen it chipping brush and railway sleepers, not as fast as a chipper as iv said but would be ok as a second machine on site or back up for the forst.

ANyone ever used one?

Going to look at one tomorrow

[ame]

[/ame]

Cheers

I'd be a little circumspect about the stated capabilities. Sleepers? No....Steel? No.....Stone/Concrete? No.....

I think a lot of Graham Satchwell, the importer. But shredding stuff and blowing out a chute is hard, TW did a shredder but decided that the volume isn't there, Salean and Bugnot are French machines but don't do well here, we sell enough but ours is two machines in one! Burn it and then in future, keep it clean and put it through a chipper!

They are not keen on wet weather.

Infeed is about that of a friut box. Will not do a sleepers or large stones. Gravel is ok. Uses flails. Part are not easy to get. Look for a TW S426.

Both machines will block but the TW is easier to unblock (nature of shredders) The wetter the matrial the quicker they will block.

I'd be a little circumspect about the stated capabilities. Sleepers? No....Steel? No.....Stone/Concrete? No.....

I think a lot of Graham Satchwell, the importer. But shredding stuff and blowing out a chute is hard, TW did a shredder but decided that the volume isn't there, Salean and Bugnot are French machines but don't do well here, we sell enough but ours is two machines in one! Burn it and then in future, keep it clean and put it through a chipper!

This!!!

a while ago (30 years!) we bought a shredder from Michael Dalrymple Arbor Eater I cant remember the name spec, be it arbor eater Pezzolatos etc. but clever design self cleaning rotor and discharge, no blocking when wet, conveyor if you wanted to load into tow vehicle, brilliant exactly what you wanted for typical sweep up off the ground hedge clipping etc. dirty contaminated with small stones no problems, flails were a sort of cut rectangular piece of metal and never wore out, exactly the right machine for ''a mountain of shitty hedge cuttings'' if there is a modern version of this it will work

You can make good compost. If it has contaminants like nails or plastic, it cant be used for much.

Thank you; much as I thought. So the main benefit is volume reduction as the shreddings are likely to be contaminated.

That's not totally true. There are machines these days that can separate almost all kinds of contaminants. We have installed a recycling line that separates, stones, plastic, wood, brass and aluminium. You can really re-use almost every product but until you are roughly collecting about 5 tonnes per hour it's not worth while.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk