Billhook

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

100 years of consciously planned division in the Middle East | MO*

you reap what you sow. you make your own bed. We have been propping up an extremist cult regime in saudi in order to have energy security. This article is a good read. Its about the middle east but also applies to pakistan. The brits used caste and religious divisions to their advantage to rule the sub continent. Pakistan was dreamed up over a lunch break and millions died in the ensuing chaos. never has recovered.

Like, what do you think would happen if someone were to arbitrarily draw up a new country in the north of ireland based on religion? people would get pissed and start throwing bombs right?

you reap what you sow. you make your own bed. We have been propping up an extremist cult regime in saudi in order to have energy security. This article is a good read. Its about the middle east but also applies to pakistan. The brits used caste and religious divisions to their advantage to rule the sub continent. Pakistan was dreamed up over a lunch break and millions died in the ensuing chaos. never has recovered.

Like, what do you think would happen if someone were to arbitrarily draw up a new country in the north of ireland based on religion? people would get pissed and start throwing bombs right?

From your link Kevin

Bruno de Cordier: Europe was very much aware of the formidable mobilising power of the Islam and the caliphate. In that sense, Sykes-Picot “worked”. But I do wonder whether ‘Sykes-Picot’ has not been used as a lightning rod or an alibi onto which Arab leaders and movements can shift the blame for their own failure or as even an excuse for their own actions.

Bruno de Cordier: ISIL, with its reinvention of the Thirty Years’ War (this time between Sunnis and Shias) has so far caused more damage to the Islam as a global image and ideology and to the concept of the caliphate than Sykes-Picot ever did.

I read this a few years ago. And this was from 2006. I know its rude to cut and paste, and I could just post the link but who would bother clicking? To hell with it - I'm gonna be rude and cut and paste - someone might read the first few lines and continue. If you don't want to read the thing, well just scroll on down.

Good piece. Answers most if not all of the apologist / appeasers lame questions. Hopefully they'll take the time to read it rather than rely upon the...

"...vain and childish hope that everything will turn out well, just like in the fairy tales. Or maybe it is a pseudo-Darwinistic idea that everything will develop in a positive direction. One thing is for sure: they don’t base their judgments on facts..."

Part of the reason you ask that question is due to the rate of migration we've had into Britain in recent years, you have had to expand and water down your definition of what you are because you have people coming in so fast that what would've been your definition of yourself stop holding true to you.

If you'd asked someone 50 years what are British values you can be damn sure they'd know the answer, they'd have said it loud and clearly, they are epitomised in a set of historic institutions, the institutions of parliament, the institution of trial by jury and the high courts, the great schools and universities, the monarchy, our Christian heritage, the respect of the democratic process, freedom of speech and so on and so forth.

You've forgotten who you are.

And the worst thing about that, is that you betray our forefathers and your ancestors who made the sacrifices necessary and fought so hard to give us the life and freedoms we live with today.

'what are British values?' If you don't know who you are, you're not anything.

These men knew......a different breed.

026733642a27b49441ff90e5d881be5b.jpg

Thank you.

:thumbup1:

Your white guilt is pathetic Kevin. Masochistic.

Always telling when leftist liberals like yourself omit the various Islamic caliphates from history with their slavery of black Africans, over 100 million black Africans enslaved by Muslims, many of the male slaves castrated.

Let's talk about the Muslim Ottoman Empire and the genocide of over 1.5 million Armenians yes? No, didn't think so, it doesn't fit your white/western guilt narrative.

How long do you want to blame the west for everything that's gone wrong in the world for anyway?

The Mongol empire, the Roman Empire, the Greeks and Persians, the Visigoths etc - history is a cycle of conquest and defeat. No one group of people is innocent in that sense.

Your grasp of world history is pitiful.

The Ropewrench is still great though.

lol. thanks!

for what its worth, I dont think we can as a society (im american and so the perspective is a bit different) prop up a wahibist extremist cult in saudi arabia to protect our oil supply, fund the taliban and give them a **** ton of weapons to fight the communists and then complain about the very extremists we have helped cultivate. keep your hands out of other peoples pockets or dont be suprised when they turn around and punch you in the mouth.

and your post sums up my point precisesly. of course there are brutal bits of history everywhere. but the whole line of this thread is that muslims are somehow by nature worse humans than others. and should be weeded out. I live in a community in the states with a large population of people from the middle east. I am glad they are here. they are customers, friends, and they make this place better. My perspective only but I do feel obligated to say something when I hear things that would marginalize my neighbors. There is a lot of this conversation here as well. Our president was elected in large part by citing fear against my neighbors.

Edited by kevin bingham

Hmmm

So no one invited "the commonwealth to Britain" in the 40s and 50s.

90 years ago this thread would have been about Jews/Irish

And being British, I know what we do to fascists.

39-45

[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Ahhh, so you think your doing the right thing by opposing the fascists???

So why are you supporting the modern day fascists?

The Nazis thought they were the master race/ culture and they had the right to take over the lands of inferior races. The Nazis absolutedly hated jews and homosexuals and persecuted them relentlessly. The nazis were infamous for human rights abuses. The nazis never believed in democracy and killed members that stepped out of line.

Just exchange muslim for nazi in the above paragraph and see if it's broadly true...

Maybe Rough Hewn is the baddie....

[ame]

[/ame]