New Hilux Review

Commando

2 of my mates got the new Navarras and love em.

BUT if you want a pit of poke try the new Amarok V6.

VW going against the current obsession for tiny engines!

plus their emissions are great...:laugh1:

'Omissions' more like:lol:

It's might as well have tax dodge written on the side! I'll be amazed if I ever see one with a tow bar.

whats wrong with that?:confused1:

you didnt see me this morning with the Tracked chipper on the back then?:thumbup:

Funny thing this Amarok business, everyone slates em but you tend to find most haven't driven one, all I can say is there's plenty round here that have tow balls and believe it or not are used for work!

But each to their own i guess. :001_smile:

Just to add my tuppence-worth on the Hilux.

Only had it 5 weeks but first impressions are it's the best vehicle I've had. Traded in a 2 year old L200 which was the most uncomfortable vehicle I've ever been in and I'm convinced contributed greatly to a slipped disc. Hilux is in a different class altogether. Comfort is exceptionally good; I'm surprised at comments on a cramped cab. I'm not a 'small' by any means and I think it's pretty roomy, in fact I've had issues with previous vehicles because of a long back; I tend to be looking out of the very top of the windscreen; when I test-drove the new Navara I simply couldn't live with it because of that tinted strip across the top of the screen. The hilux is the first vehicle I've had for long enough where I'm actually looking out the middle of the windscreen.

I just feel everything about it seems to be 'quality' and well put together. So far averaging 30.5mpg and thats a lot of short journeys and towing in there too; she's still tight so I'm hoping that will go up a bit.

Despite 'only' having 150hp it tows better than the L200 which had 165 I think? However they've tweaked the engine they've done a good job. And thats towing in normal mode, not using the power button.

The turning circle is poorer than the L200 (the only thing that is) but I believe the L200 was best in class at that anyway?

Only glitch Ive had is the 'radar' yes the radar isn't working properly!:001_rolleyes:It has a system to avoid collisions with pedestrians and vehicles using a radar behind the badge. Dealer needs to order up new bit of kit to re-calibrate so just waiting for that.

all in all i have to say it's a great machine (fingers crossed) and I'd thoroughly recommend looking at them if you're in the market for a new pickup. I'd ruled them out on price until I found out about the 17.5% money off deals so that was a huge help.:thumbup:

Just to add my tuppence-worth on the Hilux.

Only had it 5 weeks but first impressions are it's the best vehicle I've had. Traded in a 2 year old L200 which was the most uncomfortable vehicle I've ever been in and I'm convinced contributed greatly to a slipped disc. Hilux is in a different class altogether. Comfort is exceptionally good; I'm surprised at comments on a cramped cab. I'm not a 'small' by any means and I think it's pretty roomy, in fact I've had issues with previous vehicles because of a long back; I tend to be looking out of the very top of the windscreen; when I test-drove the new Navara I simply couldn't live with it because of that tinted strip across the top of the screen. The hilux is the first vehicle I've had for long enough where I'm actually looking out the middle of the windscreen.

I just feel everything about it seems to be 'quality' and well put together. So far averaging 30.5mpg and thats a lot of short journeys and towing in there too; she's still tight so I'm hoping that will go up a bit.

Despite 'only' having 150hp it tows better than the L200 which had 165 I think? However they've tweaked the engine they've done a good job. And thats towing in normal mode, not using the power button.

The turning circle is poorer than the L200 (the only thing that is) but I believe the L200 was best in class at that anyway?

Only glitch Ive had is the 'radar' yes the radar isn't working properly!:001_rolleyes:It has a system to avoid collisions with pedestrians and vehicles using a radar behind the badge. Dealer needs to order up new bit of kit to re-calibrate so just waiting for that.

all in all i have to say it's a great machine (fingers crossed) and I'd thoroughly recommend looking at them if you're in the market for a new pickup. I'd ruled them out on price until I found out about the 17.5% money off deals so that was a huge help.:thumbup:

What model do you have?What are the money off deals you refer to?

our local machinery ring offer discount, cant remember % , and my dads a keeper and gets discount through basc so must be loads of other options for discounts. all the fishermen round the coast here seem to be in new l200 so I assume there must be some offer to them somewhere.