Rope Wrench and CE marking

puwer

Have the Arb Association been working with HSE to release a guidance document for SRT use in the UK? If so, when will it be released and what will it cover? If not, can you let us know what the Arb Associations stance of SRT is and it's place in tree climbing operations?

Hi, "good question."

Indirectly the Arb Assoc (AA) is working with HSE on SRT by virtue of working with industry on production of revised tree climbing guide which will be 'endorsed' by the HSE on completion...hopefully. This project should commence in the (very) near future along with other, new, technical guidance (rigging / cranes.)

Because of the above, i.e. the absence of any authoritative guidance, the AA stance is difficult one as we equally recognize it is used in industry, and climbing comps, and in fact we offer a course in such to raise awareness (see Arboricultural Association - Course Detail )

So, not an absolute answer coz there isn't one currently I'm afraid...but it is moving in the right direction, I hope.

Thanks for yer post :thumbup1:

Paul

..but at least now you're covered from an insurance point of view should anything untoward happen where the device is implicated...or even if not sometimes :001_huh:

But would this German led ' problem' affect us here in the UK insurance wise?

Seems a little strange that now the Germans have to buy the RW with the approved tether only, the RW on it's own still has no CE approval.

I used the ZK1 with a home made tether made from a Petzl webbing sling, 22kn, i wonder if that would pass the pulley test?