Looking for genuine opinions and suggestions for chipper upgrade

Coletti

The decision has been made and I went for the Jensen a530 with 513 hrs on the clock. Picked it up Monday and I couldn't he happier with it, will certainly do everything I need it to and side by side with the gm150 it was a no brainer. The Jensen is far better built with a fly wheel half as big again as the one in the gm and out of the test wood we put through them there was one the gm simply wouldn't take no matter how it was orientated, the Jensen on the other hand didn't even realise there was a fork in it haha

Sent from my SM-G920F using Arbtalk mobile app

Good choice I have an ancient (1995 I think) jensen A521 and it still comes out and earns a shilling . I have had very few problems with it just fuel lift pump (wore out the camb) starter motor replacement again worn out and heater plugs X2 sets . AND OBVIOUSLY the usual wear and tear blades and rollers re-ground etc

But all in a bullet proof machine with an exellent kubota engine

I never put anything bigger than 4 inch through it no point stressing it and any thing over 4 inches is loggable.

Oh and regular oil changes , important on any engine.

GOOD LUCK WITH IT in my opinion a good choice.

Nick

The decision has been made and I went for the Jensen a530 with 513 hrs on the clock. Picked it up Monday and I couldn't he happier with it, will certainly do everything I need it to and side by side with the gm150 it was a no brainer. The Jensen is far better built with a fly wheel half as big again as the one in the gm and out of the test wood we put through them there was one the gm simply wouldn't take no matter how it was orientated, the Jensen on the other hand didn't even realise there was a fork in it haha

I assume your jensen isn't the 750 contractor version? If so it's hardly fair to compare build quality with the gm150 is it as that's a 750k machine so will be built lighter. I have a tracked 8"jensen and while it's OK and we'll built I wouldn't rave about it.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Arbtalk mobile app

I assume your jensen isn't the 750 contractor version? If so it's hardly fair to compare build quality with the gm150 is it as that's a 750k machine so will be built lighter. I have a tracked 8"jensen and while it's OK and we'll built I wouldn't rave about it.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Arbtalk mobile app

I don't think it's the 750 as the weight plate reads 800kg, still, it's only a 50kg difference so it's a fair enough comparison in my opinion as they are both 6" machines with the same power. I can state though that my comparison wasn't down to power but down to what sort of fork the feed rollers could take

On a side note...im not saying there is anything wrong with the gm150, I have used the gm130 quite a bit which is the same machine with a different engine and it's a fantastic machine but side by side with the Jensen there were no questions as to which was the better machine

I don't think it's the 750 as the weight plate reads 800kg, still, it's only a 50kg difference so it's a fair enough comparison in my opinion as they are both 6" machines with the same power. I can state though that my comparison wasn't down to power but down to what sort of fork the feed rollers could take

Mines at 750kg but unbraked and think that's what got it down to the weight. Well built machine

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app