Best Strimmer cord for stock fences

Nick Connell

Why you're faffing about changing that diamond go faster strimmer line every time it catches a wire fence, I'll be beating you down time wise because all I have to do is tap the head of the strimmer...

I might buy a new head here an there, but I'd rather do that than spend as much time bent over backwards rethreading a new strip of wire every five minutes..

Don't tell me it never breaks as well, its strimmer wire, and it catches things that break it..

And what kind of an idiot uses a Husky strimmer, if it ain't a stihl, it ain't worth owning... owned:thumbup1:

If it breaks off and go back in to spool makes no differents what head you have still have to re-thread.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why you're faffing about changing that diamond go faster strimmer line every time it catches a wire fence, I'll be beating you down time wise because all I have to do is tap the head of the strimmer...

I might buy a new head here an there, but I'd rather do that than spend as much time bent over backwards rethreading a new strip of wire every five minutes..

Don't tell me it never breaks as well, its strimmer wire, and it catches things that break it..

And what kind of an idiot uses a Husky strimmer, if it ain't a stihl, it ain't worth owning... owned:thumbup1:

I don't bend over backwards . I lift the head up . As I said it takes seconds but don't need to do it very often as it rarely breaks . Maybe every 5 hours certainly not minutes as you suggest . Any way I don't give a flying feck what you do . I was just trying to help the op . I will carry on doing it my way and no doubt you will yours . Its all good ! . :001_smile:

I only get line welded together when u once used some real thick line, found it to be crap. Hard to load and to much drag not enough queen

Sent from my SM-G900F using Arbtalk mobile app

It's about using the right size for the machine though isn't it?

My 53cc Kawasaki would destroy 2mm line but the small stihl won't run any bigger. The others use different again.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

A company I sub into use stuff that won't pop through the side of the metal bits. Ie you have to pull the metal bits out of the bump head and thread them onto the cord. Imo it's not the stuff for the job. To thick. Waste of time getting it in

Sent from my SM-G900F using Arbtalk mobile app

That's why I don't use a bump feed head . I like to use the thick line .