Strop/Flip line

WesD

Love mine too. Mine has the swivel, previous one didn't. I'm not sure it's necessary to be honest. It has its negatives

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I havent found that steve,i rate the positioner highly,id be interested to hear your problems with the swivel.

I dont climb every day though so i dont use it as often as some would.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I use a grillon too wes and love, have done now for prob 15 yrs. I did think about giving the art positioner a go and then it never came to anything. My only worry with the art positioner, does it release if a branch or rope catches the lever? This does not happen with the grillon.

We use an AP on a Lanyard and on a Yale flipline with the cam changed and have never ever had an issue with either. Silky smooth and releases perfectly under load. Small learning curve easily negotiated.

We would never change to anything else.

Paused on buying the Spiderjack 3 until the feedback is posted on the Forums.

We use an AP on a Lanyard and on a Yale flipline with the cam changed and have never ever had an issue with either. Silky smooth and releases perfectly under load. Small learning curve easily negotiated.

We would never change to anything else.

Paused on buying the Spiderjack 3 until the feedback is posted on the Forums.

Iv recently bought a spiderjack 3. Was very hard to get to grips with but I've been on it for 2 days now and it get better every time! The only thing I don't like is it has to be running straight or it doesn't work, doesn't lock load properly! Also doing change overs when climbing on spikes you have to put the lock pin on as it doesn't lock load the rope you could easily fall.. I was very close to going back to my zigzag.. but il keep at it!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Arbtalk mobile app

I use a grillon too wes and love, have done now for prob 15 yrs. I did think about giving the art positioner a go and then it never came to anything. My only worry with the art positioner, does it release if a branch or rope catches the lever? This does not happen with the grillon.

My Grillon is good it is smooth but it is clumsy big. I was thinking about a positioner or a zillon to match the ZZ but can't find much feedback for the zillon.

Anyone been using the zillon for a while.

Interested in how that holds up.

Been on a Zillon for a couple of years now and it is really excellent. Can also be used as a secondary climb line device if needed. Mine lives on the lower D's on the tree motion.

Would hate to be without it.

( my flip line has been used once I think, ages ago ) [emoji106]