2 vans or 7.5 toner

simonm

Don't forget if your going 7.5t your going to need a trailer licence or a 750k chipper, best all rounder is a 6.2t Isuzu npr, you could down rate a 7.5 but there basically a down rated 10tonner so are heavy.

We currently run 2x 3.5t as I can send 2 teams out, one is used for logs and if ones out if action the other is still usable.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Arbtalk mobile app

I thought a lot about this recently, the 3.5's are permanently overloaded and as I'm not driving them its unfair to ask employees to drive around a ton overweight or more. The thing with the 7.5 toners is the mot's and the having to put everybody through another trailer test. I have a pre 97 licence but none of my staff do. Ideally you want a bigger truck with a chipper on the front and a trailer for timber on the back, which means a mog really. A decent mog will do everything the 7.5 toner will do and more and you don't need a new licence to drive it. They are expensive to run maybe but they last for a long time and really hold their value. Ive no experience of 7.5 chip trucks but i'll bet they are easily overloaded too, unless you keep the chip box the same size as a 3.5 one.

How many cube do you get on the mog? Seen some teeny tiny boxes on them.

Over rated i think. No good for me. And expensive to purchase and run

HA!

Exact same thing i've been thinking yesterday and today.

Jobs are always getting bigger and having to tip off is time off a site i do not need!

Was thinking 6-6.5t iveco.

Whats the point of keeping a 3.5t vehicle aswell if you go for the above?

I always class an extra vehicle as 1k a year plus repairs

I have a 4x4 and could buy a tipping trailer but there aint many that have a license nor many that can back a trailer competantly

You open yourself up to staff issues with the second vehicle.

Bigger truck i say.

We just bought this as we face the same problems .

Couple of jobs plus a box on the back, seats for a seven man crew and a 3500kg payload. Way to go...

7663100274510c6f96a14b229b7d0d42.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

How many cube do you get on the mog? Seen some teeny tiny boxes on them.

Over rated i think. No good for me. And expensive to purchase and run

8 cube in the mog vs 6 on the transit, thing is to stay legal the transit could only hold about 2, plus the mog can tow the timber home too. I think that by the time you get your OL, pay for the compulsory testing, licences and running costs and depreciation the mog will compare pretty favourably with the 7.5 toner.

We just bought this as we face the same problems .

Couple of jobs plus a box on the back, seats for a seven man crew and a 3500kg payload. Way to go...

7663100274510c6f96a14b229b7d0d42.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

The back is about same size as a transit isn't it? have you used it yet? must make it easier on site?