Forst TR6 dead again!

MLS

To be fair, R & D is a bit easier when you've been building machines for a long time. I think Forst, as I understand it, is a young company who have developed machines without a proven track record and consequently issues are cropping up.

But look at the giants of chainsaw manufacturing, Stihl and others have released some right dogs onto the market at times and often don't/won't admit that there's any issues until there's lots of consumers complaining.

Forst, IMO and knowledge, have held their hands up when parts are under-engineered and inadequate, admitted responsibility and seem to bend over backward to get you up and earning again.

I'll admit I like the ST6, but more than that I like the attitude that I've always received from them. The acknowledgement of the importance of the equipment to the user and the back up service goes a long way to creating brand loyalty.

Very well said.

👍🏼

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't understand all the moaning threads about chippers breaking etc. They rattle themselves to death and Forst sell a chipper that performs really well but was brought to the market without enough R&D therefore many problems.

I've had three Jensen which have been and still are excellent. Of course they've had occasional problems but I'm not going to complain about them as it's all been acceptable wear & tear IMO.

If you can't accept the many foibles of our silly European chippers, get a Bandit and you won't have cause for concern again.

So 20+k for a brand new chipper that has new electronic control unit, ignition switch, bearings bodged so they fit, tin work on chute cracked and tin work around flywheel broke on a machine with 270 hours on that has being well looked after is acceptable? I cant afford to have a machine in bits always worrying if it will break down, warranty is great but its still time were not working due to a breakdown, still time wasted waiting for an engineer, I personally don't have confidence in the brand No more which is a shame because when its working it chips great.

To be fair, R & D is a bit easier when you've been building machines for a long time. I think Forst, as I understand it, is a young company who have developed machines without a proven track record and consequently issues are cropping up.

Yes you're right, my post was a bit harsh and I only used Forst as an example although it appears that I'm taking a swipe at them but I wasn't.

Other brands have had similar problems, including Toyota!!

Although the second part of your post is only partially true. They are a new company but sold Jensen for many years, then copied the Jensen.

Yes you're right, my post was a bit harsh and I only used Forst as an example although it appears that I'm taking a swipe at them but I wasn't.

Other brands have had similar problems, including Toyota!!

Although the second part of your post is only partially true. They are a new company but sold Jensen for many years, then copied the Jensen.

My post wasn't meant to be critical OMTC, just my opinion of some of the shortfalls that are being publicly debated. I didn't reply because I thought it was harsh, just to put forward some possible reasons behind the problems.

Petzl for example, who aren't a little company and have yrs of experience in R&D, have had terrible issues with the zigzag. One would expect a climbing aid to be bomb-proof before release

I'm not that au fait with Jensons, so I can't comment (maybe I shouldn't have in the first place) but if that is the case I find it odd that they've got anything wrong:confused1:

I'm not that au fait with Jensons, so I can't comment (maybe I shouldn't have in the first place) but if that is the case I find it odd that they've got anything wrong:confused1:

I agree Gary that it is surprising. However the issue that a manufacturer faces as soon as they start creating the first prototype is that from that point in time forward, the investment is huge, very real and very risky.

Therefore they have to get the product into the market as soon as possible.

A manufacturer possibly has an investor that has been promised a return by a certain date so there's a lot of pressure.

These things rarely happened in the good old days because things were not so expensive (and maybe, people weren't so greedy).

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

My post wasn't meant to be critical OMTC, just my opinion of some of the shortfalls that are being publicly debated. I didn't reply because I thought it was harsh, just to put forward some possible reasons behind the problems.

Petzl for example, who aren't a little company and have yrs of experience in R&D, have had terrible issues with the zigzag. One would expect a climbing aid to be bomb-proof before release

Petzl have offered an exchange, new for old on every unit sold, I don't believe Forst have offered the same?:sneaky2:

I agree Gary that it is surprising. However the issue that a manufacturer faces as soon as they start creating the first prototype is that from that point in time forward, the investment is huge, very real and very risky.

Therefore they have to get the product into the market as soon as possible.

A manufacturer possibly has an investor that has been promised a return by a certain date so there's a lot of pressure.

These things rarely happened in the good old days because things were not so expensive (and maybe, people weren't so greedy).

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

:confused1: Is this a joke??:confused1:

Saws, chippers etc, are in real terms cheaper than they have ever been.

Petzl have offered an exchange, new for old on every unit sold, I don't believe Forst have offered the same?:sneaky2:

I don't think really think you've understood the point I was trying to make.

To explain in simple terms.

A new(ish) company develop a machine, but due to presumed lack of R & D have some issues - Which they have acknowledged.

Petzl, a very large, multinational and long established company which I presume undertake masses of R & D (Internally probably) release the Zigzag

My point is that even large multi-nationals are sometimes lacking in getting it right first time.

I'd ask if you honestly believe that Forst should simply replace every machine with a new one, but I have better things to do than continue this debate with you.

See ya!