Forst TR6 dead again!

MLS

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's the thing with the forsts, the performance is so good. Andrew was complaining today that the tp200 on the mog doesn't pull brash in as well as the ST8. It doesn't, I could see that too.

My tp was poor at pulling in. .stripped it down and sharpened the rollers.it was a different machine then.nk probs wi brash

Very little to be honest, it doesn't pull in nearly as well or get used as much but still has 1200 hrs on it, I'm starting to think my forst won't get there!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Arbtalk mobile app

Only 1200 hrs? Thought it may have had more on. Have you had from new?

I cant see the tr6 puttig in high hours like the older a530 jensen. Might infeed better but if it goes kaput a lot sooner then whats the point. My old jensen has well over 2500 hours on it and only age related things need doing / maintenance

I don't understand all the moaning threads about chippers breaking etc. They rattle themselves to death and Forst sell a chipper that performs really well but was brought to the market without enough R&D therefore many problems.

I've had three Jensen which have been and still are excellent. Of course they've had occasional problems but I'm not going to complain about them as it's all been acceptable wear & tear IMO.

If you can't accept the many foibles of our silly European chippers, get a Bandit and you won't have cause for concern again.

I don't understand all the moaning threads about chippers breaking etc. They rattle themselves to death and Forst sell a chipper that performs really well but was brought to the market without enough R&D therefore many problems.

I've had three Jensen which have been and still are excellent. Of course they've had occasional problems but I'm not going to complain about them as it's all been acceptable wear & tear IMO.

If you can't accept the many foibles of our silly European chippers, get a Bandit and you won't have cause for concern again.

Ah my way of thinking 😄

To be fair, R & D is a bit easier when you've been building machines for a long time. I think Forst, as I understand it, is a young company who have developed machines without a proven track record and consequently issues are cropping up.

But look at the giants of chainsaw manufacturing, Stihl and others have released some right dogs onto the market at times and often don't/won't admit that there's any issues until there's lots of consumers complaining.

Forst, IMO and knowledge, have held their hands up when parts are under-engineered and inadequate, admitted responsibility and seem to bend over backward to get you up and earning again.

I'll admit I like the ST6, but more than that I like the attitude that I've always received from them. The acknowledgement of the importance of the equipment to the user and the back up service goes a long way to creating brand loyalty.