Forst TR6 dead again!

MLS

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In the days of social media its very easy for a brand to get trashed. The reality is all machines can and will break down, and IME customer care is just as important as reliability. Machines don't have to break down to cause problems, you might end up breaking one through operator error, accidentally feeding something nasty through the chipper, or being in a road accident. Then you need the backup badly..

If you charge 800 a day for a squad and a chipper and it goes down for any reason its the 800 you loose each day that will be causing you grief. When we picked up our big bandit the other day we smashed 2 bearings on the bottom of it due to a comedy of errors involving not cutting enough off the PTO. (too many cooks). so when I rang the dealer and discovered that the bearings in question were not in the shelf and would have to be ordered from america I was seriously worried. I'm not having a go at Global here BTW I love bandits and I think Global are a good dealer. But stuff like this matters.

In my experience service is vitally important, and redwoods is as good as they come.

TomD glad you understand, our Timberwolf has spent a month being repaired for various reasons on different occasions, just one of those things but that's a month where a gang cannot potentially earn the cost soon adds up - 20 days at x amount a day that is around x amount in turnover lost.

Timberwolf seem to of stepped up their game, although we are out of warranty now but further failure of repeated problems not resolved during warranty I expect to be carried out free of charge.

The Forst has been with us longer and done more hours than the Timberwolf and let us down only once, Redwood had a chipper out to us the next day which we had for a month whilst ours was being repaired.

We were fortunate I am sure, as even as I type this I am thinking of customers I am failing that I need to get back to tomorrow, yet other customers get immediate response, it all depends on work flow at the time, it's not that I mean to let them down and I am sure that's the case with the dealers to.

The sad thing is those I do let down will probably never use us a again, some may give us a second chance.

Customer care is a fickle thing and hard to get right.

In the days of social media its very easy for a brand to get trashed. The reality is all machines can and will break down, and IME customer care is just as important as reliability. Machines don't have to break down to cause problems, you might end up breaking one through operator error, accidentally feeding something nasty through the chipper, or being in a road accident. Then you need the backup badly..

If you charge 800 a day for a squad and a chipper and it goes down for any reason its the 800 you loose each day that will be causing you grief. When we picked up our big bandit the other day we smashed 2 bearings on the bottom of it due to a comedy of errors involving not cutting enough off the PTO. (too many cooks). so when I rang the dealer and discovered that the bearings in question were not in the shelf and would have to be ordered from america I was seriously worried. I'm not having a go at Global here BTW I love bandits and I think Global are a good dealer. But stuff like this matters.

In my experience service is vitally important, and redwoods is as good as they come.

Well said tom and Marc